Jambands.ca

CONKY!

Ms.Huxtable

Yeah, it's bizarre to see the dark side of Bubbles emerge. That was a good episode, kept me on my toes from beginning to end. Anybody know what the "ravine" reference was (it was what made Rickey almost shoot the puppet, and Bubbles)?

A few shows in, my Sunday night TPB crew and I have noticed that the characters this season seem to be embracing their extreme personalities a bit more, with a lot less subtelty than in the past. So Randy is a bit more "Randy"-like this year, and Bubbles like "Bubbles Plus" this time, I can't describe it so well but do you get my drift? Also, the subplots seem to be stretching themselves a bit thin. But these are mere quibbles, it's still must-see TV on a Sunday night.

Not much of J-Roc lately. ::

Oh, my love, my darling,

I've hungered for your touch a long, lonely time,

Time goes by so slowly and time can do so much.

Are you still mine?

I need your love, I need your love, God speed your love to me.

Lonely rivers flow to the sea, to the sea

To the open arms of the sea

Lonely rivers sigh, "Wait for me, wait for me"

"I'll be coming home, wait for me!"

(MarcO, it feels to me that it is less of a 'mockumentary' now. I see those extreme sides of each character as well. I'm just sayin, is all. I still love the show, and this season has been ultraly enjoyable.)

, my Sunday night TPB crew and I have noticed that the characters this season seem to be embracing their extreme personalities a bit more, with a lot less subtelty than in the past. So Randy is a bit more "Randy"-like this year, and Bubbles like "Bubbles Plus" this time, I can't describe it so well but do you get my drift? Also, the subplots seem to be stretching themselves a bit thin.

i agree 100% marco. I've missed half of them, but that episode with the rubntug/samsquatch/jRoc cop shots/furniture robbing/lahey and randy bumbling.. too much. They didnt really leave room for it to be funny. it seems like the new formula is all sublety was out the window, character extremes, and no holds barred at all. Like they're going for the american audience's attention by the throat. I guess I'm not liking that as much as the quiet weirdo bubbles, or when Ricky only would make one statement confusing two words per episode. still some of the best tv on, but yeah, i liked it better when it all seemed a litte more awkward. i guess now they have an actual budget.

i still dont enjoy cyrus' character either. he is kind of embarrassing to watch.

Guest Low Roller

One area they've definitely improved in is the make-up and wardrobe. They no longer look like normal people, but are truely unique characters.

I liked the shot of the three of them walking down the white hospital hallway. It really accentuated their over-the-top look.

Loved it start to finish. I have been saying since last season that I was not impressed with the direction Bubbles was heading- always worked up with the whiny "Boys!!" voice, a far cry from the character whose first line in the series was a meek "This is my best friend Julian". But anyway, it would take a lot more than that to turn me off of this show, I am loving it more than ever and am only dissapointed with the fact that there are only 3 more new shows this season- and not enough J-Roc. How about Ricky stoned on contact cement seeing purple squirrels?

Julian: Just pretend you ate a bunch of mushrooms and go with it...hahahaha

My lord, I had to watch it again today, just for this line from Ricky. It kills me everytime:

Yeah, it was like, even though Bubbles was Bubbles, he was two people at the same time as being Bubbles, and you know, he would try to act as this other person that wasnt Bubbles, but he was still Bubbles. It was, it was fucked.