Jambands.ca

5.7.77 - Mississippi Half Step HAVE MERCY!!!!!!!!!

Hux

.....I know it's one of those shows everybody has, blah blah blah...but good lord above - how were the goddamn Grateful Dead this UNQUESTIONABLY PERFECT in 1977?!?!?!?!? Firing on all cylinders, no question, wow.

I just rediscovered this show on disc, and if you haven't heard this one lately, throw on the Mississippi Half Step LOUD, and just take it in......man oh man oh man oh man...!!!! :: :: :: :D

....sweet transition into Big River as well....

They were in all in their individual vocal peaks in '77, and the playing so flawless, it's almost studio perfect.

.....I mean I've probably listened to more '77 Dead in the last 10 years than I've gotten sleep - but it still hits me hard sometime!!!

It's a better show than 5/8 too!

Yeah, I agree. I also think that 5.9.77 is better than 5.8, too - not that there's anything wrong with 5.8, of course. Actually, there's nothing wrong with May 77 at all.

Just heard 5.9 this weekend and it really does kick ass. I have always loved the 5.7-8, so now I think more month must be had.

I used to have a cassette copy of this show, and if you ever see it, grab it. It's smokin'! (and then please send me an email so I can get some blanks to you..... heh heh.....).

A beautiful Comes A Time, a real good Estimated! Just look at that 2nd set! Woah!

The Palladium

New York, NY

Date 5/4/77

One Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo [10:29] > Big River [6:37] ; They Love Each Other [6:46] ; New Minglewood Blues [4:44] ; It Must Have Been The Roses [6:43] ; Cassidy [4:39] ; Deal [6:18] ; Looks Like Rain [8:16] ; Brown Eyed Women [5:05] ; Dancing In The Street [17:56]

Two Estimated Prophet [8:14] ; Scarlet Begonias [9:15] > Fire On The Mountain [11:06] ; Terrapin Station [9:40] > Playing In The Band [18:#12] > Comes A Time [10:52] > Playing In The Band [8:06]

Comments No encore.