Jambands.ca

Festival Express : Heady Movie

chase23

Hey Tickler, I would venture a guess that it would play at the Screening Room in Kingston, if anywhere.

120 Princess Street

(just up from Wellington St.)

Kingston, ON

Tel#: (613)542-6080

Hope you are liking the city, we are there on the August long weekend, and I will get in touch with you about it.

Thanks Booche!! I will check that place out for sure.

Hope to meet you when you come up here. I am liking Kingston alot so far.. I am really looking forward to seeing the bus here on the 12th.. It will be nice to see some other east coast faces around.

this movie kicks ass, watched some uncut version esau had a few months ago but im DEFINITLY going to check it out on the big screen without all the film codes stamped on it

whos up for going on the 30th to TO to check this out? whers the cumberland theatre? do they have a site with times and stuff anyone know?

The Cumberland Theatre is on Cumberland Avenue in Yorkville. The street runs parallel to Bloor, one block north of Bloor, from Avenue Road ( University Ave. ) to Yonge.

The Cumberland is on the corner of Avenue Road and Cumberland Ave - it's actually a little east on Cumberland.

Enjoy the movie. I loved it when I saw it screened last year at the Toronto Film Festival. I may just go again.

I will own that Dead movie in November, and I will buy Festival Express film when it eventually comes to DVD.

Festival Express should be put into the same esteemed documentary category as Woodstock, The Kids Are Alright, Gimme Shelter and Monterey Pop.

[drool]More than 95 minutes of never-before-seen concert footage, including:

Uncle John’s Band • Sugaree • The Other One> Spanish Jam> Mind Left Body Jam> The Other One • Scarlet Begonias • China Cat Sunflower> I Know You Rider • Dark Star • Weather Report Suite [/drool]

I'm excited to seeing this film not just for the Grateful Dead material, but for some of the bands that video footage is a lot harder to come by.

After seeing former Flying Burrito Bros. band members Chris Hillman and Bernie Leadon perform together at the Ottawa Bluesfest, it will great to see them on the Festival Express. The only footage that you could see the Burrito Bros. live before was on the Rolling Stones "Gimmie Shelter."

I'll definitely be making efforts to checking this film out next week in Toronto.

After seeing former Flying Burrito Bros. band members Chris Hillman and Bernie Leadon perform together at the Ottawa Bluesfest, it will great to see them on the Festival Express. The only footage that you could see the Burrito Bros. live before was on the Rolling Stones "Gimmie Shelter."

I'm curious if you've seen The Criterion Collection: Monterey Pop DVD? I own it and it should be owned by every music fan( who can afford it ).

You'd love it Timmy. There's two extra DVDs, one of lost performances - The Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, Al Cooper with the Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Electric Flag, Simon & Garfunkel etc...

I'd like to add once again that with Festival Express, the most spellbinding performance, hands-down, is by Janice Joplin. And that's saying something because ALL the performances are great.

I do have the Criterion Monterey Pop DVD. The Byrds and the Buffalo Springfield being two of my favorite groups it's definitely a must own.

I love David Crosby's rant about the JFK conspiracy before they go into "He Was A Friend Of Mine." Also the first time Crosby ever performed live with Stephen Stills in the Buffalo Springfield, is quite historic. This happened as when Neil Young left the Springfield and Crosby came on stage to help out, much to the disdain of Roger McGuinn and Chris Hillman.

For those living in the Kingston area, I emailed both the screening room and Queen's(Who show films that are part of the film circuit series at Ethrington Art Centre). The email I got back from Queen's said the following:

"I understand that "Festival Express" will be showing at Famous Players

downtown, perhaps as early as two or three weeks from now.

Thanks for the thought,

Clarke Mackey"

Which would be pretty cool.