Jambands.ca

neil is playing in duncan!

meggo

or "drunken" as we called it in university, ahhh the young minds put to good work...

duncan is a small town less than an hour up-island from victoria. their claim to fame is the copious amount of totem poles found there. neil plays on september 17th for some kind of protest... i think it may be logging.

definitely jealous of anyone who can make it to this one!

All who know me know that Neil Young is my favorite. I'm still distraught that Farm Aid is in Washingtown state this year, breaking my skreak of six Farm Aids in a row.

I made a post about this benefit a month or two ago. Randy Bachman a resident of the area has gotten Neil Young, the Barenaked Ladies and Bachman's son Tal to perform at this benefit. You couldn't get tickets via ticketmaster, and I'm sure the venue being so small, it's completely sold out.

Ahhh,that makes sense.

I loved the place in Van...stayed upstairs for a couple weeks...LOL.Best was my first ever time in Van and walking in there (by chance & thirst) and hearing my name yelled out loud and reuniting with a buddy from my youth,sadly he was a ramblin wreck messed on junk but I did stay with him until I located who I went there to find....

Good times.

The Cambie in Victoria is the sketchiest lil' cowboy burger beer hellhole you've ever been to. My old jam band played there twice. We'd rip some blues in soundcheck and they'd all be whooping it up, but by the time our set came around they'd be watching all the hippies dancing like "WTF?"

The good old days ;)