Jambands.ca

Dish The Dirt!

zero

I've decided it's about time that we all put our noggins together to dish on some of the best dirt we've heard associated with this scene. For christ's sake considering how many of you scammed VIP 'press passes' to Coventry you'd think some of you would at least have a story or two. I mean I'm all for scamming passes but you know at last I write or at least can.

Like for instance any speculation on why Danny Devito was at Coventry?

Anything reliable about band drugging and whoring?

Dish The Dirt!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity why is it important to find a way to trash on these guys after such an emotional weekend? Is it envy? It cant be envy because everyone seems to think that Trey sucks... Why is it so important? I truly cannot believe the amount of crap that has filtered out of peoples mouths since the weekend ended... and from so many people that did not even experience it... Phish played their asses off for us... and for 21 years taboot. Take this crap back to Northernheads where it belongs...

Everyone grieves different.

Also,if anyone takes this sh!t that seriously,may I recommend a good psychiatrist,a book on smiling or perhaps a life?

New roads to be had,more music to be made,lost of dancing left to do.

No one died here.

Just out of curiosity why is it important to find a way to trash on these guys after such an emotional weekend? Is it envy? It cant be envy because everyone seems to think that Trey sucks... Why is it so important? I truly cannot believe the amount of crap that has filtered out of peoples mouths since the weekend ended... and from so many people that did not even experience it... Phish played their asses off for us... and for 21 years taboot. Take this crap back to Northernheads where it belongs...

i dunno... maybe i took it as more of a general question than strictly about coventry... whatever, though... we all read differently.

too bad i dont have much dirt.. guess i dont find myself in the right place and the right time too often...

You know what I would take genuine negativity over insipid false sentimentalism any day of the week. There is so much that I disagree with about your stance here. First of all it's not as if slagging people is my main objective- at best a means to an end. Second I produce a huge volume of 'content' about a variety of bands and aspects of this culture that keep people reading and interested. Third there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to know the truth about musicians you admire or are familiar with.

Don't you ever wonder why we don't hear more gossip about celebrities in general. I mean you get the watered down softball exposes in GQ or Esquire, then your Access Hollywood and Celebrity Justice type sh!t but it never goes much further. In motion pictures this is because of many high profile actors having the same representation (like Pat Kingsley) hence if you write a story saying Tom Cruise is gay you may sell a bunch of magazines that month but you'll be blackballed on access to all of their clients in perpetuity (selling way less magazines ultimately). I mean for starters Tom Cruise is obviously gay as is Keannu Reeves and Kevin Spacey- that is fine but I find it disingenuous that they aren't open about it or that they try and pass themselves off like hetero matinee idols.

Anyways my point is that it goes beyond mere blackballing and I'm quite certain it often amounts to payoffs. There are just too many dealers and whores out there that could bring down a great many stars for some serious payoffs to not be siphoning around. In our scene I would suspect those payoffs are more subtle (after show, backstage, affection etc.). I guaranfuckingtee you that a good %50 of what Brad Sands and John Palooska did could be reduced to what might be termed 'groupie and entourage management'. My point in case it wasn't painfully clear is that with the nature of the internet the only explanation for why there isn't more reliable gossip out there is a combination of the threat of litigation, the threat of access and bribes.

All very valid points once quantified... but my points being why is it so necessary to have to intrude on their personal lives? Are they not human and feel emotion too? Hence them actually showing it during the shows with breaking down crying... If thats the way you want to live your life(ie as a journalist) promoting what you do at the expence of others so be it... but in the end do you really feel good about doing it? and not to mention, would you really want to write for People magazine anyways?

i dunno... maybe i took it as more of a general question than strictly about coventry... whatever, though... we all read differently.

Some take it for what it is and some make it into somthing else.Here's a quote from the final setlist thread...(from me)

Only thing now I know I have learned is, it wasn't me with the problem all these years,it was Phish fans,they require confrontation to feel validated or somthing.

That certianly doesn't apply to every fan of the band (I don't get like that,I like the band),but I see that alot of it when somthing is mentioned about the band that a person doesn't personally like.But,then again,its personal to them...which doesn't always apply to everyone else.People forget.

I think what irks me about the lack of reliable gossip in the internet age is what it says about more vital forms of information (i.e. military industrial complex etc.). In a world where you can google Weasel fu©king Gopher and you probably get a page full of hits it is very difficult to search George Bush Cocaine Arrest and get anything reliable. I am sure that the Carnivore programs, V2 Clipper Chip and the technology we've never heard of play heavily into the international police state databases and individual purveyors of information are targetted (or eliminated). I was thinking about the new Manchurian Candidate movie in this context and how MK Ultra style mind control was so shocking at the time and now it is almost commonplace. So what do we actually know about where surveillance or mind control technology stands right now?

This is all by way of saying whose got my heady Trey snorting blow of a hookers navel story.

It's a delicate balance. Obviously, there are a million more important things for me to deal with than the private lives of musicians I listen to. On the other hand, I admit it, I can't not read threads regarding Trey's potential problems as of late. Because, it's not like I haven't noticed some weirdness just through observation, and through more recent first hand accounts of people whose opinions and observations I feel are rock solid (see: TimmyB & Hamilton).

And, I was one of those kids who didn't fully see the extent of Garcia's deterioration from 1993-> until he was dead and gone. Now I know what it means to forget half your catalogue, bump into your mic all night long, leave the stage at weird intervals, look generally confused and aging, and play staring at your shoes, slumped over all night while the rest of the band cover your ass. It means that musician is in some trouble and as a fan with some emotional investment in that person, how could I not worry, wonder and speculate?

More offesnsive than prying out personal details of celebrities is the reportage of their meaningless, mundane existance: I just saw a front page coverage in one of the papers of Oprah Winfrey attending jury duty. How on earth is that newsworthy?!?

Great point Greg, and thats what makes internet message board discussions turn into arguments alot easier than in person...

But like in person,it only makes sense to ask or not post/speak if your not sure of the intended meaning first.(I know this by expirence,both in person & online)

I think what irks me about the lack of reliable gossip in the internet age is what it says about more vital forms of information (i.e. military industrial complex etc.). In a world where you can google Weasel fu©king Gopher and you probably get a page full of hits it is very difficult to search George Bush Cocaine Arrest and get anything reliable. I am sure that the Carnivore programs, V2 Clipper Chip and the technology we've never heard of play heavily into the international police state databases and individual purveyors of information are targetted (or eliminated). I was thinking about the new Manchurian Candidate movie in this context and how MK Ultra style mind control was so shocking at the time and now it is almost commonplace. So what do we actually know about where surveillance or mind control technology stands right now?

This is all by way of saying whose got my heady Trey snorting blow of a hookers navel story.

I hear ya man (not 100%,mind ya,but I get the gist),also factor in that people forget alot of the times what is really important.

For me,what is most important in my life is under this roof,within my family and within friends.Music is only the cherry on top.

I could never take it (music) that seriously.I have bigger fish to fry.

How 'bout I get the ball rolling okay kids and then you give up on your concern about what other people will think and dish the dirt I know you so obviously know.

- At least two members of the String Cheese Incident are actually gay (not that that's a bad thing)

- Trey is really fu©ked up on either oxycontin, heroin or coke or a combo, he was supposed to go to rehab with Kuroda.

- All of the band members dip their pen in the company ink. Fishman has sired at least two illegitimate babies that we know of.

- Band managers and promoters often have to deal with procuring drugs for their artists particularly when out of country. See Brad Sands, Rock Scully, Big Friendly (just kidding) etc.