Jambands.ca

World Cup Finale!!! Tuesday night!!!

rubberdinghy

I laugh at the States this year...hahahahahahahahaha

Don't laugh too soon... Canada won on Saturday night basically due to luck, the grace of God, and the amazing skill of Vinny Lecavalier. The Finns are a good team. It should be a great matchup.

We should all be worried about the goaltending matchup. Kiprusoff is amazing, Luongo is cold, and Brodeur is hurt. Yikes!

Don't laugh too soon... Canada won on Saturday night basically due to luck, the grace of God, and the amazing skill of Vinny Lecavalier. The Finns are a good team. It should be a great matchup.

We should all be worried about the goaltending matchup. Kiprusoff is amazing, Luongo is cold, and Brodeur is hurt. Yikes!

luongo kept them in it in the third and OT. he made 37 saves. that first one was questionable. thats not luck thats skill. Brodeur could go tommorrow but quinn said he'd have no problem putting luongo back in and neither would I. like I said they're FINNISHED. this won't even be close.

kept them in it in the third and OT. he made 37 saves. that first one was questionable. thats not luck thats skill. Brodeur could go tommorrow but quinn said he'd have no problem putting luongo back in and neither would I. like I said they're FINNISHED. this won't even be close.

No offence, but I think that's a foolish thing to say :) Canada deserved to lose on Saturday. I am speaking as a true red & white Canada fan, but also a hockey purist. It's the truth.

how is that foolish? canada didn't deserve to lose they're goalie was making great saves to keep them in. thats what good goalies do. explain to me why we "deserved" to lose? because we got outshot? because the ref's were calling in our favour? please explain.

No problem. Canada was 'back on their heels' for many of the important moments in the game, such as the latter half of the 2nd period and much of the third. Their 3rd goal was a softie (and a great shot) that 9 times out of 10 would be stopped. Twice, they gave up a goal within one minute of scoring. For most of the game, they were outplayed. They did win, but they weren't the best team on the ice. I'm not saying they're not a good team, and I'm not saying they should have lost. I'm saying that after such an effort, it would be ridiculous to say that they're stone guaranteed to beat the only other undefeated team in the tournament. How can you disagree with that?

Canada was lucky to win the other night. The Czechs out played us in pretty much all aspects of the game. Even though Luongo let in a couple of easy ones he also made some key saves which bailed us out at times. I think the team may have played a tad bit more conservative because they do not have the same confidence level when Brodeur is in nets. Luongo is good but he is not Brodeur. The final will be good but we cannot let the Finns control the game like the Czechs did.