Jambands.ca

The Ottawa Forcefield

Guest Low Roller

sorry didn't mean to misquote -- I knew that was the gist of it.

just clarifying for the masses Sunshine, and complimenting you on seeming to be a cool enough girl I felt comfortable enough to say that to though I didn't really know you at the time ;)

jungle booty forever!

I've really, honestly only seen this happen in Ottawa. I call it the Ottawa semi-circle... Forcefield, semi-circle, whatever, it sucks... If you all don't like it, do something about it... Move up... Stapes is the king of trying to break it, but it's tough... I personally hate it, and will do everything I can to break it...

ooh...i killed another one...

as for London - when I moved to London a few years ago, everybody partied. Maybe it was a fall phenomenon but it's true. i went to bacchus and people partied. i went to CTO on wednesdays and folk got down...

Lame isn't an ottawa thing. I think it's an everywhere thing for the most part - you'll even see it in toronto and montreal.

best of luck to us all. let's get out and rock it!

it happens everywhere.

not to elevate drugs but i think that some good old lsd at parties would make everybody a bit freer...cheap or free doses at shows...but not lsa or liquid e or something 'passable' but the real deal.

that and super duper cheap booze.

can't say i didn't try...

You can't just say "not to elevate drugs" (and by that I assume you mean usage/abuse) without completely contradicting yourself by suggesting yet another drug would make this scene a better place (...brah). I'd be super bummed/embarassed if I were a band member and thought that the only reason people were dancing while I played was because their noses and bellies were full.

I've really, honestly only seen this happen in Ottawa. I call it the Ottawa semi-circle... Forcefield, semi-circle, whatever, it sucks... If you all don't like it, do something about it... Move up... Stapes is the king of trying to break it, but it's tough... I personally hate it, and will do everything I can to break it...

No, as much as I like Stapes, I have to say that the King of The Forcefield Demolition Squad is DancingFool.

I don't do too badly, either.

that's one way to take it douglas...but i'd prefer to take it another direction...i'd want to feed off their joy and feed them back more music. drive tham, make them jump, make em get down - get them wound up and spin em out.

it's really my only suggestion because you can't expect people to all of a sudden feel better about themselves and forget about all the silly insecurities we place on ourselves...i'd say new drugs are easier than social change.

i think it'd be awesome if people drank less and took fewer drugs...but ticket prices would be driven up because bars would make less loot.

the trick is finding the new treat that isn't hard on our spirits, pocketbooks, and souls. can we find that?? not bloody likely.

so my silly suggestion can be taken negatively or positively...hope there are more optimists than pessimists walking around...or not taken at all.