Jambands.ca

moe. Go Nashville

Booche

This looks so frickin good. I have tears in my eyes.

Following last year's Heavy moe.tal, moe. will again "dress up" as a musical style this Halloween. Performing at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium, the Buffalo-bred quintet will perform "A Salute to the Grand Ole Opry," paying tribute to the famed city's native sounds.

Like last year, the show will include three sets of both originals and covers, except this time done up Nashville style. The group is also encouraging attendees to "Get decked out in your finest rhinestones, nudie suits and western wear" as "This one's gonna be a sh*tkicker."

On October 21, moe. will kickoff its fall tour at The Rave in Milwaukee, WI. The group has announced a string of additional dates in November, including a run north of the border to Canada and appearances in Kingston, NY and Portland, ME.

And Zero?

You know what to do. Dont make me go mommy on your ass.

resim2.jpg

Yeah I guess they're over my head. I presume that was a joke. Undertones my ass. I will say without betraying confidence that I was party to a conversation recently where two leaders of significant Canadian jambands both clearly stated that they were highly unimpressed with moe's improvisational abilities. OK Alright was one example of a chord progression and idiotic lyric that should never have been stretched to twenty minutes. The sense was they really should not be playing to 80,000 and that it was a result of knowing how to treat your fans and have a good band humour, rapport and dynamics (which moe has in spades don't get me wrong they impress me in some regards). I was somewhat shocked though to hear these remarks but it supported my belief that their chops are not all that unique. I think they should just create a money back guarantee- see five shows get one crab eyes.

Sure you're right they're a fun band. They are the funnest. It is telling that people you would think would admire them, that you admire, do not find them engaging. These aren't cynical pricks like me just players of distinction.

And Booche that was mildly amusing and way to go big guy I think you actually slagged a band for once. What did you grow those balls overnight?

For the record, moe. is all about the segues. They have some really good songs, some not so good, some questionable lyrics (see Ok Alright and Boom boom boom, bang bang bang), a great guitarist (Chuck) and killer bassist. But their shtick is the segues. They decided "if we're going to be a jamband, then we're going to be the jammiest fu©king band there is". No half way about it. I can respect that.

We're going to visit friends in Charlotte NC on the Halloween weekend. Looking forward to catching moe and openers ymsb. I'm hoping we get a band segue, that moe seems to pull off occasionally. Since ymsb are bluegrass, a band swap will be awesome or a trainwreck, either way it would be fun!

I think I know how Monkey paid his way on the moe.cruise now ;)