Jambands.ca

3 night Jomomma run this week...

eDDie mAx

Thanks for the kind words J ROC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the same guy who was putting down the CTMF line up this year or last and it was made into this huge ordeal, and you were apologizng profusely for your comments? In fact, didn't I see you there after you dissed the line up? Just curious if you're the same guy.

there is no hating! just simply expresing my opinion, that compaired to any band in this scene, jo momma is the lowest quatlity, next to cavern, i mean, i've never left one of the shows exciuted about the music, nor, have i ever once wanted to dance to there muisc,, its all the same, and boring, the gitaur is ok and the brums arn't bad, but no opffence,, i don't think i ever saw the guy up front with the congas ever play them loud enough that any one could hear, it seems like there, there for him to lean on or something.

i'd just reather hear the radio play some dead

"there is no hating! just simply expresing my opinion, that compaired to any band in this scene, jo momma is the lowest quatlity, next to cavern, i mean, i've never left one of the shows exciuted about the music, nor, have i ever once wanted to dance to there muisc,, its all the same, and boring, the gitaur is ok and the brums arn't bad, but no opffence,, i don't think i ever saw the guy up front with the congas ever play them loud enough that any one could hear, it seems like there, there for him to lean on or something."

Jared, do u know how unintelligent you sound? Read over your posts for a second.

Do u play any instrument? Anything? If not, how can you say someone is bad at their instrument?

Secondly, They have two of the best musicians in the scene. I can't think of a band in our scene that can touch their rhythm section.

Nick and Ed share some of the tightest grooves i've seen. They have been playing together for a looong time, and it shows.

Not to mention they actually have written SONGS. Now i know this is a tough concept to sell in our Wank Scene, but they actually know how to write.

And get this, they can sing as well. Ever think that guy who hides infront of the Conga's is a Singer?

Honestly, last time someone cried about JOmomma, their favorite band upped and quit. To say you'd rather listen to the radio over a band that has dozens of well written songs, jams that go somewhere (read again, no wanking), and talent (not to mention females at their shows), go for it!

hell, even a blind, deaf, musical Neanderthal can see that they have one of the most talented bass players in our scene.

I will freely admit that I wish that JoMo had more material OR went off a bit more...i crave MORE...but not more quality...just quantity.

i'm not expecting anybody to take this as an order or serious request...just take it as a comment. I still like the same old songs...i honestly understand that the creative process is long and tedious, especially when you want your new tunes to sound as polished as your old ones.

rock it!

This argument pops up on message boards all the time.

If someone likes a band, expresses it, but fails to explain why they like the band, no one minds or cares.

If someone dislikes a band, expresses it, but fails to explain WHY they dislike the band, it is considered no longer simply opinion, but something to be taken personally.

Please, be respectful to everyone as human beings. If you feel a need to express your dislikes, please do the courtesy of accompanying it with the REASON. I'm sure any artist would respect your opinion if you did that.

"Please be respectful to everyone as human beings." ... I totally agree with that!

There is nothing wrong with saying that I like or dislike something, but I try to remind myself that the bands and people that I am talking about read the posts on this board a lot of the time. Call it "sugar-coating" if you want to, but I think it's just basic respect for others. As a musician and as a person, I don't like it when people say nasty and insensitive things about me, so I try not to say things like that (or that could be interpreted like that) about others.

In my opinion, Jomomma's got solid songs, danceable grooves, a wicked rhythm section, tasty guitar licks, and they sounded really good the last time I heard them (at the Labour Day Come Together Fest).

Peace, Mark

I'm in favour of constructive criticism and ssensitivity to others too, but the root of all this displeasure is a J-Roc review. With gems such as "quatlity", "exciuted" and "brums" how could you all fall for the pranks of J-Roc so easily...no one spells this poorly or writes threads about the world's army unless he's fleecing you all into thinking he's an idiot.