Jambands.ca

Ani DiFranco in Kingston and Ottawa

Mr. Musicface

Awesome!!!! I'm definatley in for the trip to see Ani....Never seen her perform before but have been listening to her for years now. Thanks for the heads up on this one Mr. Musicface, makes planning ahead of time a bit easier...... :) :).....If anyone from Kitchener and area are interested in planning an excursion for one of the nights, car pool.....Let me know, I'm up for a good time.

Peace Vicki

That's a good coup for Kingston. Kingston never gets underground " hip " acts, other than Kenny Rogers, Peter Appleyard and The Doobie Brothers. I hope the organizers hit the Queen's campus hard for this one.

Um, it's been a good 10 years since Kenny Rogers was here ... and do you not pay attention to ANYTHING coming through town?

After getting ripped and rightly so by Booche via email, I'll write what I wrote to him: " I'm shocked that she's playing Kingston ". I'll stand by that comment. I hope they fill the place.

I worry a lot about the interest level in Kingston because I want more acts like this booked. I'm a proud transplanted Kingstonian. The Slip turnout and the reported decline of the Scherzo has me concerned. It's great to see The Elixir busy booking good acts like Hayden ( a guy I've pulled - he was in my program at Ryerson ).

Are these solo gigs, or will she a band backing her up?

I think upright bassist Todd Sickafoose is still playing with her, that's it. It was just the two of them at Bonnaroo this summer.

If you've never seen Ani live I'd recommend her VERY highly in any format. I've seen her with her trio, her bigger band with the horn section, solo acoustic and with Sickafoose, all amazing shows!

- M.

Jamoie - I saw Ani at the Grand years ago when I lived in K-town. She packed the place. With regards to the uni female students, rite of passage seems to be an Ani show (following lots of exposure of listening to her at summer camp)... she kind of picked up where the Indigo Girls left off.

:)

I worry a lot about the interest level in Kingston because I want more acts like this booked. I'm a proud transplanted Kingstonian. The Slip turnout and the reported decline of the Scherzo has me concerned. It's great to see The Elixir busy booking good acts like Hayden ( a guy I've pulled - he was in my program at Ryerson ).

The decline of the Scherzo has really concerned everyone, because what was once a good place to play is now a pathetic shithole with a good PA and an even more pathetic sound guy. Elixir and Grad Club are the only spots to see good stuff these days, and some good mainstream acts (if that's your thing) at AJ's. Even the QEA is useless these days

I read in The Whig that Kenny Rogers will never play Kingston again because of the Memorial Centre. I say that if that's the case, LONG LIVE THE MEMORIAL CENTRE.

Keep the bands coming Skelter. I'll make it the Elixir one day, and I'll definitely be back to The Grad Club.