Jambands.ca

Dear Mr. Bush

Velvet

I am truly not a religious scholar and don't claim to be one, however, I looked up the section you cite, which says:

"As for this temple you are building, if you follow my decrees, carry out my regulations and keep all my commands and obey them, I will fulfill through you the promise I gave to David your father."

I think that the promise in question is regarding the Jews as the Chosen People who will proliferate and continue on... Perhaps the Messiah (Moshiach) is also part of that promise; I don't know.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but the Temple you speak of, which I believe was the "Beit Hamikdash" (at least in Hebrew) ... wasn't that rebuilt a long time ago after the Syrians destroyed it, giving rise to the story of Chanuka? (Again, I am not being sarcastic. This is a serious question.)

1st Temple destroyed by Babylon I believe.

2nd Temple established and again destroyed, possibly by the Syrians (supposedly built by first Freemason and Master, Hiram Abiff around 1500-1000 BC, who learned Geometry from Euclid (300 BC?), which could not have happened).

3rd Temple is represented by the Jewish "occupation" of Jerusalem and the creation of Isreal itself ( As stated by David Ben Gurion in 1948).

I've studied Gnosticism and Freemasonry a little.

Freemasons see some wiggle room in history and read it symbolically instead of chronologically so it makes exact sh!t hard for me to know without having studied the bible or biblical history. More of an esoteric interest really.

Couldn't tell you about Chanukkah, don't know where to look for that reference.

As far as I know the messiah does count as part of the promise to redeem the Jews from sin.

:)

I suspect that the third temple you speak of is a philosophical issue with debates on either side as to whether the occupation represents the Beit Hamikdash.

Regarding Chanuka, I am not speculating. The Beit Hamikdash was rebuilt after the Maccabees won a battle against the Syrians. They rebuilt the Temple and tried to rekindle the "Eternal Light". There was not enough oil for the lamp, though, and everyone expected it to burn out in less than one day. It lasted 8 days and that is why Chanuka is 8 days. It is also why Jews eat latkes and jelly doughnuts at Chanuka, because they are deep fried and it represents the oil.

One of the nice things about being Jewish is that we're supposed to drink 4 glasses of wine two nights in a row during Passover (hey, it's good for the heart!). I think we're also supposed to get trashed on Simchat Torah, but I haven't celebrated that one since elementary school..oh, manishevitz grape juice, where have you gone?

As far as Bush and the other warmongering, pro-death penalty, give tax breaks to the rich, fake Christians go, ask them why they never quote the Beatitudes from Christ's Sermon on the Mount.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God etc.

Jesus was a liberal hippy who'd be an outcast in Republican circles if he were around today, and he'd be drinking wine with the other 75% of Jews who voted for Kerry.

One of the nice things about being Jewish is that we're supposed to drink 4 glasses of wine two nights in a row during Passover (hey, it's good for the heart!). I think we're also supposed to get trashed on Simchat Torah, but I haven't celebrated that one since elementary school..oh, manishevitz grape juice, where have you gone?

Don't forget Purim - it's a sin NOT to get drunk for that one. It's like Jewish Halloween!

I honestly had no idea that most people couldn't name Jewish holidays other than Chanuka. (Relatively speaking, compared to many others Chanuka's not even a really important holiday in the Jewish calendar, but I guess it's sort of "high profile".)

Sorry about that. No offense intended. ;)