Anyone?

Saturday, December 18th Early! 10pm

Advance tix $18.00, $20 at the door.

Pepper Jack Cafe

38 King William

Hamilton

www.janebunnett.com

www.pepperjackcafe.com

An internationally acclaimed musician, Jane Bunnett is known for her creative integrity, improvisational daring and courageous artistry. Her exploration of Afro-Cuban melodies expresses the universality of music and her ability to embrace and showcase the rhythms and culture of Cuba has been groundbreaking. She has toured the world bringing her own special sound to numerous jazz festivals, displaying her versatility as a flutist, saxophone player and pianist. As an educator, spokesperson and social activist, she remains unafraid to explore uncharted territory in her quest for excellence.

I would HIGHLY suggest checking this one out if you can folks - if I can somehow get to Hamilton I will...I jammed with some of Jane Bunnett's group when I was studying in Cuba a couple years back...she brought some teen prodigies back from Cuba to Canada with her on bass and piano - fantastic players. A real musical treat.

My friend Dean Bowman was down there with her during that period and appears in some of the material from that period. He's from Screaming Headless Torsos with his bandmate David Fuczynski (Lunar Crush- Medeski's first band - and Hassidic New Wave) and formerly Jojo Mayer one of the best breakbeat jungle drummer's (but not particularly well liked personally).

My friend Dean Bowman was down there with her during that period and appears in some of the material from that period. He's from Screaming Headless Torsos with his bandmate David Fuczynski (Lunar Crush- Medeski's first band - and Hassidic New Wave) and formerly Jojo Mayer one of the best breakbeat jungle drummer's (but not particularly well liked personally).

Funny that you would know him Lukey :) lol

Screaming Headless Torso are on the top of my list of bands i want to see next summer, are they still around?

Yeah Dean is a friend of the Guelph Jazz Festival and full on white woman laying weed smoking machine. He was with Jane 3 years ago now I want to say doing old Negro spirituals, then two years ago with Quebecite the jazz opera they commissioned (he was the male lead opposite Hayden from Jacksoul), I'd like to see the Torsos play Jazzfest this year to be honest. They sort of alternate artists year to year if that, not unlike Hillside. That would be the best context to hear him although he can collaborate with anyone. I got him up with Recipe From A Small Planet at the Jimmy Jazz and he preached the gospel and did some seriously out vocalizing over a sort of ska/blues groove they were doing. I remember him saying 'A chinese guy in a Canadian band playing Bob Marley- I love it!'

That's a really good article....very well done.

“At Pepper Jack’s we’re really going

to be presenting ourselves hopefully for people to be

dancing, so it’s going to be pretty up–beat,”

Can't wait!

They're definately changing their set for us in the Hammer,

We've given them the impression we like to get down and they are going to take us up on that and bring the heavy.

Seriously, for this show, they're bringing an extra percusionist/timbale player and a cuban singer who apparently is quite the knockout.

Either way, Marco and Hamilton have the strength of ten scanks, so lets do dis.

We should talk about something along these lines later Whore. I know Dean is always up for touring, making a few bucks, smoking weed and banging white women. Dave Fuczynski I know as well and he's a really chill spiritual kind of guy. I think the band is really a one-off if at all anymore. Probably just takes someone to show an interest though promotion wise.