Jambands.ca

Haven't tried this yet...

Stapes

Goldfish Shots

WZ001106.jpg

CALGARY, ALBERTA-February 2, 2005 — You've heard of Jello shots, but how about goldfish shots? Canadian animal welfare officials say they're investigating a bizarre complaint about people drinking live goldfish, swimming in a glass full of booze.

Cheryl Wallach, a spokeswoman for the Calgary Humane Society, says a downtown restaurant and bar was apparently handing out the goldfish shots.

Wallach says people do a lot of crazy things with animals, but this is a first. Investigators will look into whether the goldfish shot incident actually occurred and whether the fish suffered.

A manager at the restaurant says it's something they've always done, but isn't providing any more details.

Investigators will look into whether the goldfish shot incident actually occurred and whether the fish suffered.

they're gonna look into whether the fish suffered? but no one bats an eye when you see one in a little glass bowl, or a plastic bag at a fair, or spiralling down the toilet? thats a funny read. i dont think i like alcohol enough to try it with a fish swimming around in it, though.

Unfortunately I have had the (mis)pleasure of "drinking the goldfish" It had to do with college soccer initiation (actually Stu Dog might have had something to do with it) Not as bad as it sounds as long as it goes down first gulp, not so much fun if he's a fighter and manages to stay in yer mouth!!!

Good call Bradm,(Caution: do not drink these to the point of inducing nausea. When the last one to go down comes back up, and you see it flopping around on the floor, you will regret your actions...) I have seen the effects of this phoenomena and indeed it is not a pretty sight!!

Investigators will look into whether the goldfish shot incident actually occurred and whether the fish suffered.

well, while you're at it money-and-time-wasting-humane-society-lady, you'd better go ticket all those snakes and pirranahs and other pets that eat living things. i bet swimming around in a martini & getting swallowed by a human hurts a lot less than being chewed up by a fish.

goldfish??????? hellloooo!!! yooohoooo!!!! there's a reason the tanks at the pet store they're stored in say "FEEDER goldfish!" why is it okay for other animals to eat them? how come humans can't? are we not animals too?

what's next, the society of grasshopper health & welfare? will fishing bait be outlawed? those worms can't enjoy having hooks stabbed through them!

yeesh. i would not try this drink, but what a waste of humane society time.

besides, it's okay to eat fish, because they don't have any feelings. hell, even some vegetarians eat fish! gad!