Jambands.ca

DVD Player Recommendations?

Del

So I think I'm going to buy a DVD player in March. I want something reasonably priced (read: kind of cheap), that plays DVDs, CDs, CD-Rs, DVD-Rs, mp3s and VCDs... What brands should I be looking for? Where should I go to buy it (in Ottawa, if possible)? Any brands I should avoid? As it stands, I have nothing to play anything on, since my computer's disc drive is currently on the fritz... I can't wait to get it fixed, but I'm dying to have something in the meantime... Thanks for any help.

To be honest, I don't know what a DVD player goes for... I don't need a top of the line machine, but I don't want something that'll crap out in 6 months either... I seem to remember people talking about Apex (is that right?) awhile ago, and those were less than $100... I don't want to spend more than $150, and way less than that if possible...

i bought my pioneer system in novemebr $369 five disc cd/cd-r/dvd/dvd-r/picture disc/vcd/mp3 reciever/tuner five speakers and subwoofer(has all the different sound modes and options. i highly recommend it for the money. especially if you need a starter system. check out the xs cargo places. they have great deals on electronics.

I don't have room for all that extra stuff... Sounds like a great deal though... When (and if) I eventually move out of my tiny one room apartment, I will definately be in the market for a system... Right now, a DVD player is all I have room for (literally)...

HTD540DV.jpg

600 WATT DOLBY DIGITAL & DTS AM/FM RECEIVER WITH BUILT-IN 5-DISC MULTI-FORMAT DVD PLAYER

PLAYS DVD-R/RW, DVD-AUDIO, VCD, CD-R/RW, JPG, MP3, SACD & MORE

INCL 5 THEATRE SPEAKERS & SUBWOOFER

FULL ARRAY OF ANALOG AND DIGITAL INPUTS & OUTPUTS

AMAZING 20 DIFFERENT SURROUND SOUND MODES

INCLUDES REMOTE CONTROL

if you really only want to spend $100 just buy any piece of sh!t out there. there really is no difference. crow paid $49 for his 4 years ago and it still works and plays any format. i think his is a magnosoundvasonicy.