Jambands.ca

QOTD: 2005-02-25

Del

Why is it that Mr. Musicface's post regarding the "Open Concepts Productions Healey's Series" post keeps getting bumped without a "bump" post"? It keeps appearing near the top of the list of posts, with (seemingly) no way of making it read... And to top it off, I can't make it a "read' post no matter how many times I click on it... Any help? (This happens with other posts occasionally...)

Yeah I noticed it happen a couple times and not just with that thread,.Also what Brad is mentioning also.

All good by me,its promotion of a show on a music messegeboard,plus,I imagine to to the folks involved it does warrant being bumped or "this kind of attention".I know if it was one of my shows I would want it bumped,especially if I only posted it on a wedensday and the show was on a saturday (like Musicfaces)

Its only been up two days Del (one when you posted this) whys that an issue?

I don't think he's being whiney, he's asking ehy the technology keeps pushing unmodified posts to the top. I notice it happening from time to time and wonder if it has to do with cookies - it usally happens when I exit and return to the site.

Thankfully, he's gone back and edited out the whiney part, which is why Esau and Dave-o's posts read the way they do.

The original post was pretty harsh and thoughtless, not to mention entirely disrespectful to the excellent Mr. Musicface.