Jambands.ca

What is your FAVOURITE song?

PassedOutGuy

Ooooo... - that should have gone on the horrible covers thread (I mean, hell, we didn't even have a cowbell). Come to think of it, everything in our repetoire should have ended up on that horrible covers thread (except maybe our one original tune, "Bongwater Blues".

" Bongwater Blues "? That sounds like something Pooch Waddell would have written at the time.

Brown Eyed Women by the dead is right up there, got alot of meaning for me

but as far as a favorite song of all time, I definetley couldnt limit myself to just one, theres so many amazing songs that have alot of meaning to me and bring me back to others goodtimes wheni enjoyed them with freinds or whoever!

Pretty much exactly what I was going to write - song and all. Brown-Eyed Women was the first song that came to mind. Without fail, whenever I hear it weightlessness becomes me and a huge smile is painted across my face.

I agree with you POG, a "favourite" song may change from time to time but once a favourite it will always remain such

I must admit, the song almost brings a tear to my eye every time; and I'm not sure why.

Here in Whistler there is a telephone listing for a guy named "Stephen Fearing". We have a lot of celebrities with second (or third, fourth, fifth...) homes in this town, and I have been sooooo tempted to phone his number and find out if it's truly the man himself.

On another note, Velvet and I once went to a guitar workshop hosted by Stephen Fearing, during a Blue Skies Music Festival about 10 years ago. Fearing went on and on about alternative tunings and other obscure guitar stuff, until it became pretty clear that the only person actually qualified to be there and learn from this was Velvet. The rest of us just stared blankly at Stephen Fearing, and wished he would just play his guitar for us...