Jambands.ca

ferriswheeler?

Tooly

anyone got any shows up for trade? i found a mix cd on the ground at ctmf durham years ago, still listen to it, sounds awesome, just wondering if thers more from this band? they still playing? is dave o in the band? thers one part of one jam where they intro a dave o, as in o my god lol

any cds kickin round? will trade for what i got

Guest Low Roller

The Legend of Ferriswheeler Lives On

The band, however, doesn't

The power trio of Ferriswheeler (with spontaneously combusting fourth members) was at one time the second biggest talk of the town in Ottawa, delivering many memorable shows in such famous local venues like Barrymore's, Cafe Dekcuf, Zaphod's, and Graham's basement.

Ferriswheeler's claim to fame will always be to bringing out the ladies to the jamband shows that are typically populated by hairy drunk men. I mean seriously, what's up with that? Similarties can be drawn for how many ladies Ferriswheeler attracted to their shows versus how many empty seats Blue Grassy High attracted to their's (BGH being best known for thier unique type of stool music). Ferriswheeler brought the honies!

However Ferriswheeler were never content with staying a local band. There were some luminary tours as Ferriswheeler traveled south-eastern Ontario extensively, with the occasional supershow in Montreal. Their after-show romps in Club Supersex becoming stuff of legend.

Ferriswheeler achieved immortality with their overnight show at the festival with the longest, most drug-induced, name ever- The Flaps Off Of The Side Of The Moon Festival in Killaloe. Ferriswheeler closed off the jamband stage at dawn, after a blistering performance from Chris Copolaugh and The Cosmic Crew. Ferriswheeler played their entire repertoire (and then some) for over four hours, until they climactically (and deliriously) brought in the sun with their rendition of Franklin's Tower. Let us reminisce:

"da da da da (anyone remember the lyrics?) dadada da da da... ROLL AWAY THE DEW! ROLL AWAY THE DEW!"

Although they have all gone their seperate ways since then, the name Ferriswheeler ocassionally pops up in casual conversation in the "where are they now" kind of vein. Well not that often, but they do sometimes. Sorta. Like, kinda sometimes often sorta, err...

I love you guys, but seriously I hope nobody listens to the morons above.

Tooly this ABSOLUTELY made my day! hahaha

i found a mix cd on the ground at ctmf durham years ago, still listen to it, sounds awesome

So the true story is I moved to New Brunswick (and am enjoying a relatively successful jaunt as a solo artist), putting Ferris on the extended backburner, to be continued if (and when?) I ever return to the Ottawa or Montreal area.

I have a pile of shows recorded on minidisc that - mark my words - will someday get uploaded to the archive.

And for the record, it was Here Comes The Sun (cudos to the phish band) not Franklin's Tower. We never played any of that hippie sh!te... ;)

wellll im sure glad i made your day dude, ,your music has made mine a fwe times,,, thers this one song on there, man it was weird, let me backtrack, im at ctmf, stoned, on what i cnt recall, but i find this cd, pop it in on the way home, and thers this song, chorus is something along the lines of "hey toooly why dont you hang up that sweater" man it was great, found a cd on the ground, and they mentino my name in it what are the odds? now im pretty sure that theyre singing julie, not tooly, but it was still a pretty hilarious moment, i mean what are the odds of groundscoring a cd which has a song about you on it, man i thought there was some weeeeird mystic connection, now i think its just a song about a chick named julie, not about a hairy drunk guy named tooly lol

While I'm sure dave-O has much more than I do, I checked through my CDs and what's on my PC, and found I have:

• fw2002-08-01 (Barrymore's, Ottawa, ON)
  • fw2002-08-23 (Flaps Festival, Killaloe, ON) (incomplete)
  • fw2002-10-12 (Cafe Dekcuf, Ottawa, ON)
  • fw2003-03-15 (Babylon, Ottawa, ON)
  • fw2003-05-17 (Cafe Dekcuf, Ottawa, ON)
  • fw2003-06-28 (Scherzo, Kingston, ON) (2 CD)
  • fw2003-06-30 (Cafe Dekcuf, Ottawa, ON) (2 CD)

and I may even have the ferriswheeler-Dr. Huxtable set-blender lying around somewhere...

The one I really want is fw2002-08-03 (Graham's place, Rockport, ON), but I'm not sure it was recorded.

Aloha,

Brad

"hey toooly why dont you hang up that sweater" man it was great, found a cd on the ground, and they mentino my name in it what are the odds?

hahaha It was a story about a girl. Holy frig Tooly, you're killing me over here!!

Brad - Grum did record that Rockport show, I've never heard it though. And it's probably better left that way!

verrrry funny stuff dude, good cd by the way, ,it says its a late 02 -03 mix, somethin like that, love the horns man

Is it the one at the top of this page?

hey bradm which is your fav? ill take that one off your hands, not sure if ive got anything you dont

I'm not sure; it's been a while since I listened to any of it. I'll give some of it a listen and let you know, okay? (Actually, a lot of what I've got I got from dave-O, so he might be a better gauge of which is/are best.)

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller
And for the record, it was Here Comes The Sun (cudos to the phish band) not Franklin's Tower. We never played any of that hippie sh!te... ;)

Oh no, I distinctly remember "roll away the dew" being sung at some point. Whether it was a full version of the song or just a spontaneous jam leaves to be discussed, but those lyrics were definitely uttered.