Jambands.ca

Disc-Golf Sundays!!!

Large Marge

Greetings Super-Troopers!

Well, now that 4-20 is behind us, it’s time to fill those lungs back up with some fresh air and get outside for some disc-golf action! (Yeah right… it’s ALWAYS 4-20 on the Toronto Islands, isn’t that right CyberHippie ;))

Anyway, the plan is to hit the course around 3:30pm, then BBQ & Beer (we can most likely use the facilities at my sailing club if we want), then back to the mainland for some Sunday Night Live action at the Poor Alex. Come for some, come for all! Trev - do you think we should take the Tender or the Ward’s Ferry?

Either way, whoever wants to come can meet up on the City-side to avoid any confusion; just let me know you’re coming so that I know to look out for ya!

Cheers all, hope to see you there!

Margaret - The tender is running free for April. Runs on the hour. So it's not as convienent, but it'll save you $6. If you take the tender then you can just start on hole #10 by the church and the back of that gondola ride.

Shredder - that's the biggest hurdle in this game, finding plastic. There are usually people on the island selling new and used discs, but that's not very reliable. There is a tournament at Bronte creek saturday and sunday, so there will be lost of plastic for sale there, but that's not very convienent. There is a toy store in Queens Quay mall at York and Queens Quay that sells a couple of different golf discs, but they are a little over priced. I've heard that hikers haven or Europe Bound on King st. W sells a few. Also there is a store at Avenue Rd south of Wilson that sells some. When I find out the name of it, I'll post it here.

do you guys play every sunday??

We do now... somewhere around 3pm every week. I'll try to post it when we know there's a beauty day coming up, but you're welcome anytime.

FlyMyKiteHigh - yes we can share discs. Actually, that goes for everyone... we can all give it a go this week and if we LOVE it, then we can maybe score a bulk shipment of disks on-line.

I have a selection of new, almost new, and used discs....new for $12, almost new $8, and used $5. I usually don't play the island course, as the centennial park course is easier to access,it is located at the 401 and 427, as well there is a new course in Brampton at the top of the 410...PM me if you want some more details....

frisbeerancher on ebay is definitely a great guy to buy discs from. Also another guys called discsports is in BC and is quite good too.

If ordering discs online, never buy more than two at at time or you'll have to deal with duty.

You might also want to check out the Disc Golf Ontario forum, there is a classified section where people buy and sell discs and other equipment. www.discgolfontario.com

One more thing, there are a number of great local tournaments going on this spring/summer/fall. There's lots of plastic to buy at these events, plus as a first timer you could play in the Recreation division and definitely go home with some prizes. All skill levels are welcome at tournaments and especially women of all levels.

I'm a wuss... But to be fair I played in the Bronte tournament on saturday. Out in the cold windy rain all day, two very long rounds of disc golf. I don't think the conditions could have been any worse. I did learn a few more tricks about playing in such awful conditions though. And while most of my game sucked, I did manage to win a CTP (closest to the pin) contest which got me a cool hat, t-shirt, putter, mid-range disc, and driver. Not bad at all!

I am also a big wuss. Well, on Sunday anyway. My hot new barefoot dance moves at the Gladstone were certainly not wuss-like. Too bad we didn't make it, but the weather was rough and this girl needed some Zs. Hopefully next time I'll roll into bed before 9am and then I'll have a snowball's chance in hell of getting up before dinner time.