Jambands.ca

Wassabi Stealth Collective?

DoctorK

I did what Booche did. I wandered between both and can't think of a better way to spend the night. Definitely could NOT hear Wassabi when i was in the saloon and vice versa outside. All this negativity is putting a damper on what was otherwise a flawless weekend of tunes and friendship.

Secondtube, i can remember coming down pretty hard on you one day long ago. I have since changed my tune about you but telling someone to "grow up" because of their opinion is goading at its best. Not taking sides here by any means because i personally don't agree with cully either. The saloon was pretty full bro.

$0.02

Hey there, I just have to weigh in on this even though geography kept me from being there.

I am 100 percent sure that Wassabi in no way was trying to "steal" any thunder from FOH. Wassabi (in its current form) started on the streets of victoria, busking from 10 pm to 4 am regularly, three or four nights a week and all of a sudden there was something to do after the bars let out at 2 am. They made some money through donations, but that was never an issue for them, they did it because they loved playing music and weren't about to bitch about lack of venues; they made their own. From the street they moved into the bars, once some of the managers here realized that there were larger crowds out on the street corner than had been in their bar. No sooner would they finish a show, in a bar, then all their equipment was carried back to the same street corner where they continued to play until 4-5am. This is the type of dedication to music that more bands talk about than actually display, and it is worthy of our respect. I have played with Steve and Melissa, and have joined the rest of the group for informal--very fun--jams and have a deep respect for the talent they display, and most importantly they are good people who just want to have a good time with you--any of you--all of you.

In the future maybe they should inform festivals--for the benefit of the people who are annoyed by such behavior--that they simply cannot stop playing music if it is possible to play. It's obsessive/compulsive behavior with them--the very good kind--the kind that very few festivals are going to mind.

Differing opinions are, of course, allowed, see above for mine [smile]

Melissa, Jen, Derek, Jer, Scott, Steve, Hope you're all are having a great time. See you when you return to the left coast.

Dave

I think that everyone is forgetting the real issue here. The reason that bands play in the saloon is so there is not a lot of noise created outside after 12 or 1 am. The only reason that the cops showed up this year is because of a noise complaint (caused by the bass drum of Wassabi). This is the issue, and it is respect. If we do not respect the neighbours, there may not be a festival in the future.....

Wow I really wish I had been there on Sunday night, sounds like it was insane.

That's really too bad about the noise complaint though. If it's from neighbors then I guess what can ya do (although, what neighbors?). But if the complaint came from festival goers, then they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

I didn't notice the for sale signs! That's wicked. Who's the realtor?

The neighbour's should just get paid off for the last night of the festival and have that night go all night.

It's a bloody holiday - stay up late and sleep in...have fun [big Grin]

quote:

. The only reason that the cops showed up this year is because of a noise

Ummmm,maybe a noise complaint(which has happened every year since CTMF started in 2000)

also maybe since some bonehead found it wise to leave ghosttown while shit-faced,from what I was told,he crashed his car or at least ditched it.....each time somthing like that has happened the cops show up.(never seen them do a drive thruogh soley on a noise complaint either.)

Then again what do I know I was trying to make an example outta the OPP when they drove thru,and that was what I was told.

Shit,sounds like a bunch of Phish fans here argueing about a show...... [Razz]

I'm glad to see people (such as Dave, see above) defending Wassabi, not that there is much dissention to start with. For me, Sunday night around the campfire was the stuff of dreams. Not only was the original music excellent, but there were a number of cover tunes I really enjoy that were played flawlessly. This was clearly a group of talented, charismatic individuals doing what they really enjoyed, and happy to share it. I'm sure there was no rivalry with FOH, and I like the idea of paying off neighbours to keep them quiet about noise. Maybe a few cans of Blue and a couple of hoagies.

To finish, I just want to say that it's Friday the 23 of May, and to my delight, Wassabi is here tonight (Montreal) to do a show. I can't wait to see them and hear those songs again. Let's just hope that bus of theirs is up for the 401.

Beware the Wasabi Collective. It would seem that they are capable of using mind control to assimilate your person to carry out their objectives. I'm not sure what those objectives are yet, but one thing is for certain. Vampires are real and I am scared of them. Be safe friends.

quote:

Originally posted by Weirdness:

Beware the Wasabi Collective. It would seem that they are capable of using mind control to assimilate your person to carry out their objectives. I'm not sure what those objectives are yet, but one thing is for certain. Vampires are real and I am scared of them. Be safe friends.

[Eek!] Oh no, I think you're right, I think it's happening to me now - must dance and eat human brains... eat raw human brains with Japanese horseradish and then dance some more... mwahahahahahah..

Archived