Jambands.ca

The low down on contact

brodapper

I've seen Contact a bunch of times and have their releases. I think they're a tight pumpin' workhorse of a band. Shakey is my favourite percussionist in the scene (no melissa/shakey discussion...they're different kinds of musicians) and I remember a show where mike spun house between sets.

that being said, I can't wait until they live up to their potential. they're a great band but still fairly new. they've got a long way to go. Glad the trip's been fun this far.

SWEET!

he IS a phenom. Now all I need to hear is a shift to more dynamics in their set and we'll actually hear every individual member and I can be a marionette for the band to play.

I like contact a lot. they're all smartypantses, but they need to hit the books and study...some new grooves, some new vibes, some new directions.

go check em out. this summer's probably going to be a big learning experinece for all of us.

#1 the website is www.contacttheband.ca , not .com (the .com is some other thing in the states that has to do with uncle kracker or something equally as bad <-- sorry uncle kracker fans)

#2 mike hunt is the guy who ate the pickle i shot outta my arse at coventry (see: http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showtopic.php?tid/162066/post/162661/#162661 )

#3 canned beats better have a yard sale at CMTF

#4 i'm crashing said yard sale with a keg and a pocket full of bottle rockets

#5 our new guitar player is jeff dowdell aka "the rookie"...i plan on ensuring he gets so drunk that he falls off the stage at CTMF. he will also be lighting my bottle rockets for me at the yard sale (at which point he will be aka "the burninator") oh yeah...and he's a sick guitar player

shakey

Great band that is continually going through changes...the new addition of "the rookie" on guitar is a good one, but the band will be continuing to evolve before our eyes...the CTMF line-up for Contact will be the last of its kind as it is Phil' (bassist, keyboard, long hair guy) final show with the outfit. Now Beats, you can look in the future for more collaberation amongst the new members of the band...it (lack of song writing amongst the ENTIRE band) was the only thing that may have been holding them back. That being said, Contatc played an AMAZING show on friday w/ JSB...my favourite part of the evening!

May the blessings be,

Gawpo Giggles }:| }:| }:|

I LOVE THE NW CD OF CONTACTS, DOLLAR EMPIRE, THEY SHOT ME A COPY AT THE LAST PJC SHOW I WAS AT, fuckin caps sorry guys, its work puter policy, anyways, the new cd i definitly reccoment pickin it up.

that live cd is awesome too, the one that comes in a floppy disc case haha