Calamity Jane

awesome

jaw-dropping

incredible

mind-blowing

funky

jammy

freaky

I am CONVERTED!! another brilliant T.O. gem uncovered. Boy we had an amazing time last night at the Orbit Room. You Ottawa folks are in for such a treat in June.

I haven't heard such tight, and at times, ultra-spacey jamming since the GD -- seriously!!!

I was completely blown away -- and I was even in a fairly "unenhanced" state of mind.

I remember someone else posting about getting a version of Purple Rain; last night we got Madonna's "Like a Virgin" -- and now I can finally hear that refrain and NOT cringe!!! (They have this book that they randomly pick a song from --that they've never played before and then they jam it out)

the crowd was also very kind and really added to the atmosphere because everyone there was so "there", so focused on the music.

wow, is all I can say again.

how come these boys don't play weekend shows? (or do they?)

I'm going to be paying for my late nite all week, I'm afraid!!

I love that idea of the book - I missed last time around how they ever came up with "Up on Cripple Creek" out of nowhere. It would be a hoot to see what other titles they've got in there.

Sorry we missed the Gypsies last night; by the time our hair settled back down into place after the Sisters, we were pretty bushed. I hope it's on again next week, so some CTMF-infused jamming can carry on.

so DO they ever play weekend shows in Toronto ?

Monday nights don't cut it for me, but i've been interested in seeing KB for a long time now.

I remember KevO & Downtown going on about Breit a couple years ago now, and I still have not made it out to a Sisters show :(

I'll make you a copy for the weekend Deb. :) Bouche was kind enough to make us some driving home discs. Too bad the iPod died and I lost the fuckin CD player. Argh!!! :P Surviving what turned into a 9 hour drive with only the radio is a pretty daunting task.

Note to self: Replace AC adaptor in van, ya jackass!

Hmmmm, did I miss something? I'm wondering if some folk here are a bit shy? Kaidy Mae, the 4-11-05 show that Bouche passed your way is the one I recorded. I'm there every night archiving the shows to use for his website and for others.

I see all people posting that they were at The Orbit Room, yet no one seems to stop and say hello.

Holy Jebus, just because I'm taping doesn't mean I don't like to meet some of the people on this board.

No, I'm not upset. I'll get over this....

The samples that he was playing through his pickup last night were crazy. What a twisted twisted evening. That was really off the wall from an "average" night, if there is such a thing.

I see all people posting that they were at The Orbit Room, yet no one seems to stop and say hello.

I suppose it's a good token that I was so soaked into the music that I didn't even see someone taping! I don't know either if we've met (if we have, sorry, I'm a tool). I'll absolutely watch for you next time - or in fact the CTMF, before that (you are coming, non?).

Yeah, what was with that sampler? Pretty wild! There were times when they pulled the rhythm out of sounds that were so twisted it could make you question the consistency of the physical universe.

Hmmmm, did I miss something? I'm wondering if some folk here are a bit shy? Kaidy Mae, the 4-11-05 show that Bouche passed your way is the one I recorded. I'm there every night archiving the shows to use for his website and for others.

Well, I'd hardly consider myself shy. ;) I have yet to see Breit though...nor have I been to the Orbit Room. I guess those would be the 2 main reasons why I haven't said hi to ya. Hahaha! Thanks for taping that show though. I certainly am enjoying it! :D I will be sure to say hello if you're at CTMF. I hung around Maverick's until I got a chance to meet BradM (who I am also indebted to for bringing us such amazing shows). Keep up the good work fellas. I know a lot of us who reap the benefits don't thank you enough for lugging around all that gear, getting everything uploaded and all that you do. So thank you so much for continuing to feed our insatiable appetites for live music. :)

Kevin Breit will be bringing the Sisters' Euclid with John Dickie to The Pepper Jack Cafe, next Friday, May 27th. Opening will be the Chris Cawthray Trio

www.chriscawthray.com

by the sounds of it, hamilton will be in for a good time.

Damn! I need a van that'll travel at lightnin' speed. Hmmmm, the Hammer to Ottawa is how many hours... :P

If I had to guess I'd say 6.5 - 7... Depending how fast you drive of course... Does this mean you'll be back up for the Burties show on the 28th Kaidy?

The samples that he was playing through his pickup last night were crazy. What a twisted twisted evening. That was really off the wall from an "average" night, if there is such a thing.

This is good to know!!! but I did enjoy the weirdness!

Can'o'phish -- we shoulda had a meet-up plan in advance. Why do I always think I can 'spot the skanks' when clearly I can't? I, too, did not notice anyone taping. If/when I make it out again, I'll be sure to corner you and THEN won't you be sorry! ;)

If I had to guess I'd say 6.5 - 7... Depending how fast you drive of course... Does this mean you'll be back up for the Burties show on the 28th Kaidy?

Your guess is probably pretty accurate there Del. Sadly, I'm not the long haul driver I used to be. We left Ottawa at around 3:15 or so yesterday and I got home to Moonstone at 1am (and I'm a bit of a speeder). Damn! That was long. Lots of breaks were necessary after 3 days of unadulterated rock. Work sucks today! Errrgh!

I am doing my very best to be there on the 28th. It'll be Guigsy's big 2-5 after all and I sure don't want to miss that. Ottawa sure is one fun town. Hopefully I'll get to meet all of the skanks I missed this weekend. I heard karaoke was rough. Judging from your last message Del, I'd say I'm inclined to agree. ;)

Okay, but this is a Breit thread (there I go losing my train of thought again). I'd love to go on June 10th if I could just catapult myself there. :P EVERYONE...get tickets off of Bouche. This is gonna be great!