Jambands.ca

Happy Birthday Sgt Pepper!!!

MarcO

sgt_pepper_cover.jpg

Released June 1, 1967.

A landmark album, quite possibly the most celebrated popular music release of all time - it was 38 years ago today you arrived on the record store shelves and things have never been the same. You announced the arrival of a New Psychedelic order to the world and you are still as astonishing and wondrous today as you must have been back then. I will celebrate you tonight!

I remember when it was '20 years ago today' like it was yesterday. There was alot of buzz about Sgt Pepper at that time in 1987 and I was pretty big into the beatles then. There was also a wicked TV special on the Beatles and the album at the time. I think I may still have my rolling stones magazine from that month somewhere too.

Yes, bouche, I remember all that too - in fact, thanks to this magical thing called the "internet" I recently tracked down a DVD copy of that TV special, at least I think it's probably the one. It was done by ITV (Britian) and broadcast on CBC, called "It Was Twenty Years Ago Today". Excellent program indeed, very informative.

This was all life changing stuff for me, being in Grade 7 and all!

Yes, bouche, I remember all that too - in fact, thanks to this magical thing called the "internet" I recently tracked down a DVD copy of that TV special, at least I think it's probably the one. It was done by ITV (Britian) and broadcast on CBC, called "It Was Twenty Years Ago Today". Excellent program indeed, very informative.

This was all life changing stuff for me, being in Grade 7 and all!

I'd love to rewatch this. Was that a Torrent?

On a whim, I basically went on rec.music.gdead and grovelled for it B&P style. Within 30 minutes I had the contact. The world is a great place. So, I don't know it's original format.

It is out there. If I had the capabilities, I surely would burn it for you. Just dig around.