Jambands.ca

Brothers Past

Jo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Brothers Past news

Wednesday June 8 - Due to some issues that the promoter of our Canadian shows was unable to resolve, we regret to inform our fans of the cancellation of our 3 Canadian dates this week. Although having already crossed the border, the band felt that the conditions which we would have been performing under are not what we want for ourselves or our patrons. We apologize for any inconvenience and will be returning home to write more music and prepare for the Stone Pony and Chameleon Club on June 17 and 18.

Note that they say three Canadian dates, which I assume is Ottawa, Montreal, and Sunseeker The Sunseeker date is no longer listed in their tour dates.

Aloha,

Brad

I'm wondering that myself. It would have to be something that they didn't know about before they came across the border, and which applies to all three dates. (For example, Ottawa bars are non-smoking, but Montreal bars [and outdoor at the Sunseeker, presumably] aren't, so it couldn't be something like that.) I assume things like how they were to get paid had been arranged and agreed to, otherwise the dates wouldn't have been set up. I may ask at Mavericks tomorrow night, but part of me wonders if that'll be a good idea...

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

It basically means that their performance rider was not met by the Canadian promoter. That's my guess.

I remember the days of simpler performance riders like the one that Blue Grassy High used to have:

-----------------------------------------

Blue Grassy High Performance Rider

1. Give us beer

signed,

The 'band'

I remember the days of simpler performance riders like the one that Blue Grassy High used to have:

Blue Grassy High Performance Rider

1. Give us beer

signed,

The 'band'

I quake at the thought of what's going to happen on Canada Day...

Aloha,

Brad

You know the part that really bugs me about this? Ottawa didn't get to see Tala. From my perspective, Tala had a period where they dipped a bit below the radar (changing line-ups, not many gigs, the odd cancelled gig, etc.), and now that it looks like they've got their act (so to speak) together and are ready to play here (opening for a US "name" act), they, though no fault of their own, get the rug yanked out from under them. }:(

Here's hoping they come back and give us a show in the near future.

Aloha,

Brad

C'mon Brad, let's keep things in perspective here. An inaugural festival just lost its US "name" headliner the day before the event and you're upset about not seeing Tala?? I think they'll be around again.

Hmmm...I hadn't realized that BP was playing that role for Sunseeker, and, since I'm not going to Sunseeker, I'm much more immersed in the "How does this affect me?" perspective than the festival organizers'. I realize others will perceive the situation differently; as always, your mileage (or umbrage, in this case) may vary.

Aloha,

Brad

Tala will definetley be around again.

But BP cancelling their dates namely the sunseeker the day b4 the show...[color:purple]Now thats Classy..<-----this was meant to be purple...Damn if i onbly could get those colors to werk)

Edited by Guest
made purple work

Is it possible that this band had a bad experience and are going to the their US counterparts not to play Canada? This could be a good thing ff they are also trance bands.

Yes. At the next meeeting of the American Federation of Trance Bands (AFTB) - to be held in at Room 412 of the Sayersville, NJ Red Roof Inn - Brothers Past will present their "Anti-Canada" motion. Other motions up for debate include "The Emerging Importance of The Mute in Trance Bands", "What Is An Acoustic Guitar?" and "Songs: Overrated and Obsolete".