Jambands.ca

What are you listening to right now?

PassedOutGuy

jahdawg's audience source recording of The Slip, 2002-11-23, Le Swimming, Montreal, QC.

11/23/2002: Le Swimming: Montreal, QUE (CAN)

Set I: Munf, Driving Backwards with You, Johnny's Tune, Else%, Aptos, You Might Say, Rhythm-a-ning

Set II: Cool #9(?), Jumby> Get Me with Fuji, Pass It On#, In Your Dreams> Planet of Inexperience> In Your Dreams, Wolof, Mr. Meowskers, Yellow Medicine, ?

Encore: Just a Closer Walk with Thee^

Notes: Kosta: hkharlan at yahoo.com # Bob Marley cover from "Burnin'" ^ funky chicken tease % Built to Spill cover song.

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller
jahdawg's audience source recording of The Slip, 2002-11-23, Le Swimming, Montreal, QC.
11/23/2002: Le Swimming: Montreal, QUE (CAN)

Set I: Munf, Driving Backwards with You, Johnny's Tune, Else%, Aptos, You Might Say, Rhythm-a-ning

Set II: Cool #9(?), Jumby> Get Me with Fuji, Pass It On#, In Your Dreams> Planet of Inexperience> In Your Dreams, Wolof, Mr. Meowskers, Yellow Medicine, ?

Encore: Just a Closer Walk with Thee^

Notes: Kosta: hkharlan at yahoo.com # Bob Marley cover from "Burnin'" ^ funky chicken tease % Built to Spill cover song.

Aloha,

Brad

This might be the only Slip show I've ever gone to see.

Listening to a lot today ;D You may never have heard of Donny Hathaway, but take a listen to this killer live album (recorded at the Troubador and The Bitter End). Some kickass funky soul, with the perfect amount of crowd interactions bleeding through in the mix.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Donny_Hathaway

folder4.jpg

mp3@320CBR

Tracklist:

1. "What's Going On" (Renaldo "Obie" Benson, Al Cleveland, Marvin Gaye) - 5:18

2. "The Ghetto" (Donny Hathaway, Leroy Hutson) - 12:08

3. "Hey Girl" (Earl DeRouen) - 4:03

4. "You've Got a Friend" (Carole King) - 4:34

5. "Little Ghetto Boy" (Derouen, Eddy Howard) - 4:29

6. "We're Still Friends" (Hathaway, Watts) - 5:12

7. "Jealous Guy" (John Lennon) - 3:08

8. "Voices Inside (Everything Is Everything)" (Richard Evans, Philip Upchurch, Ric Powell) - 13:47

* Donny Hathaway – vocals, electric piano, piano, organ, arrangements

* Phil Upchurch – lead guitar on side one

* Cornell Dupree – lead guitar on side two

* Mike Howard – guitar

* Willie Weeks – bass

* Fred White – drums

* Earl DeRouen – conga drums

* Ray Thompson – recording engineer on side one

* Tom Fly – recording engineer on side two

http://bit.ly/9O4qtK

folder5.jpg

mp3@320CBR

Tracklist:

Disc 1: Original LP and studio outtakes

1. Scuttle Buttin’

2. Couldn’t Stand the Weather

3. The Things (That) I Used to Do

4. Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)

5. Cold Shot

6. Tin Pan Alley (a.k.a. Roughest Place in Town)

7. Honey Bee

8. Stang’s Swang

9. Empty Arms

10. Come On (Part III)

11. Look at Little Sister

12. The Sky is Falling

13. Hide Away

14. Give Me Back My Wig

15. Boot Hill

16. Wham!

17. Close to You

18. Little Wing

19. Stang’s Swang (Alternate)

Tracks 1-8 released as original LP – Epic FE 39304, 1984

Tracks 9 and 16-18 originally released on The Sky is Crying LP – Epic EK 47390, 1991

Tracks 10, 11, 13 and 14 originally released on the single-disc Couldn’t Stand the Weather reissue – Epic/Legacy EK 65871, 1999

Tracks 12, 15 and 19 previously unreleased

Disc 2: Live at The Spectrum, Montreal (late set) – 8/17/1984

1. Testify

2. Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)

3. The Things (That) I Used to Do

4. Honey Bee

5. Couldn’t Stand the Weather

6. Cold Shot

7. Tin Pan Alley (a.k.a. Roughest Place in Town)

8. Love Struck Baby

9. Texas Flood

10. Band Intros

11. Stang’s Swang

12. Lenny

13. Pride and Joy

All tracks on Disc 2 previously unreleased

http://bit.ly/9Z8S2z

• Four-disc, 52-track set featuring more than three hours of unreleased performances.
  • Features the complete performance from London's Royal Albert Hall plus performances from Colston Hall in Bristol and Fairfield Halls in Croydon.
  • Special guests include guitarists Eric Clapton and Dave Mason, bassist Carl Radle, drummer Jim Gordon, organist Bobby Whitlock, Jim Price and Bobby Keys on horns, percussionist Tex Johnson, and singer Rita Coolidge.

dbproductshotlarge12799.jpg

51QQBSDY5JL.jpg

mp3@256VBR

On June 15 2003, Warren Haynes performed solo acoustic in front of tens of thousands of people on the Main Stage at the Bonnaroo Music Festival. Alone onstage, with just a guitar and his voice, he captivated the crowd with a mix of both his original songs such as "Beautifully Broken", "Soulshine" & "Patchwork Quilt" and well-chosen covers such as "Lucky" (Radiohead), "Stella Blue" (Grateful Dead) and "Wasted Time" (The Eagles).

"Live at Bonnaroo" contains Warren's complete set from that magical day in Tennessee.

Tracklist:

01. Lucky 04:22

02. Patchwork Quilt 04:28

03. To Lay Me Down 04:52

04. Glory Road 04:59

05. The Real Thing 05:45

06. One 05:23

07. In My Life 04:19

08. I'll Be The One 05:03

09. Fallen Down 05:25

10. Forevermore 03:39

11. Beautifully Broken 03:34

12. I've Got Dreams To Remember 04:25

13. Tastes Like Wine 04:39

14. Wasted Time 04:53

15. Stella Blue 06:19

16. Soulshine 06:42

http://bit.ly/apWnPZ

Edited by Guest

http://bit.ly/dlenxq

rcharl-modern_03.jpg

mp3@320CBR

Although it may have shocked some people at the time, Ray Charles’s fascination with country and western music was anything but an overnight development.

As a child in Florida, he listened to the Grand Ole Opry’s radio broadcasts that wafted through Southern skies on Saturday evenings. In his late teens, Charles spent several months in Tampa playing piano with a hillbilly band, the Florida Playboys. At an early Atlantic Records rehearsal, he tried Bill Monroe’s “Kentucky Waltz†on for size. One of his last hit Atlantic singles in 1959 was a steel guitar–laced cover of Hank Snow’s “I’m Movin’ On.â€

Thus, his 1962 album Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music and its encore Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music Volume 2 represented the culmination of a lifelong love affair rather than a producer’s convenient way to expand Brother Ray’s LP catalog.

“That was strictly his idea, something that he wanted to do,†confirmed his chief tenor saxophone soloist, the late David “Fathead†Newman.

“He knew what he wanted,†said his late A&R director at ABC-Paramount Records, Sid Feller. “The projects were always his own creation.â€

Since joining ABC’s roster in late 1959 after permanently altering the rhythm and blues landscape at Atlantic by mixing blues and gospel into a groundbreaking recipe that sired soul, those projects had included albums devoted to songs about destinations (Genius Hits the Road) and names of women (Dedicated to You). Charles had been contemplating an LP of country chestnuts for years, so to him it wasn’t a radical concept. What was earth shattering was the way Ray redefined each song. His sanctified voice would never be mistaken for that of Ernest Tubb or Webb Pierce, and there was a huge difference between traditional country fiddles and the cosmopolitan strings gracing these two albums. When Ray unleashed the roaring horn section from his recently formed big band, those country evergreens swung like never before.

Having made countless new country converts by giving these 24 songs a soul-steeped urban dimension, Charles would continue to dip into the C&W songbook. He covered Johnny Cash’s hit “Busted†to Grammy-winning acclaim in 1963, and his remakes of Buck Owens’s “Crying Time†and “Together Again†hit during the mid-’60s. Then again, Ray’s unique vocal interpretations inevitably made any song from any genre entirely his own.

“He created more things with his voice than any other singer I ever knew in my life, or ever heard of,†said Feller. “To me, creating itself is the genius part.†That genius permeates these two volumes of Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music. – http://www.concordmusicgroup.com

Tracklist:

01. Bye Bye Love

02. You Don’t Know Me

03. Half as Much

04. I Love You So Much It Hurts

05. Just a Little Lovin’

06. Born to Lose

07. Worried Mind

08. It Makes No Difference Now

09. You Win Again

10. Careless Love

11. I Can’t Stop Loving You

12. Hey, Good Lookin’

13. You Are My Sunshine

14. No Letter Today

15. Someday (You’ll Want Me to Want You)

16. Don’t Tell Me Your Troubles

17. Midnight

18. Oh, Lonesome Me

19. Take These Chains from My Heart

20. Your Cheating Heart

21. I’ll Never Stand in Your Way

22. Making Believe

23. Teardrops in My Heart

24. Hang Your Head in Shame

25. You Are My Sunshine

26. Here We Go Again

27. That Lucky Old Sun

http://bit.ly/dlenxq

Edited by Guest

http://bit.ly/c2I3bs

Aretha Franklin – Live At Fillmore West [Deluxe Edition]

folder7.jpg

On March 5-7, 1971, the one and only Queen of Soul headlined Bill Graham’s world-famous rock venue Fillmore West. Her connection with the enthralled audience proved intense, and the shows were a seminal breakthrough for Aretha’s own peerless legacy and for the popularization of soul music overall. Disc 1 features the original single-disc album Aretha Live At Fillmore West, updated to present two previously edited tracks in their entirety including Franklin’s momentous duet with Ray Charles – who just happened to be in the audience – on “Spirit In The Darkâ€. Disc 2 is comprised of rare alternate versions previously available only on the very limited edition, now out-of-print, Rhino Handmade title Don’t Fight The Feeling: The Complete Aretha Franklin & King Curtis Live At Fillmore West.

mp3@320CBR

Tracklist:

DISC 1:

01. Respect

02. Love The One Youre With

03. Bridge Over Troubled Water

04. Eleanor Rigby

05. Make It With You

06. Dont Play That Song

07. Dr. Feelgood

08. Spirit In The Dark

09. Spirit In The Dark (Reprise)

10. Reach Out And Touch (Somebody’s Hand)

DISC 2:

01. Respect

02. Call Me

03. Mixed-Up Girl

04. Love The One Youre With

05. Bridge Over Troubled Water

06. Share Your Love With Me

07. Eleanor Rigby

08. Make It With You

09. You’re All I Need To Get By

10. Dont Play That Song

11. Dr. Feelgood