Jambands.ca

What are you listening to right now?

PassedOutGuy

jimihendrix51stannivers.jpg

51st Anniversary (The Story Of Life....)

Various dates live and studio

Disc 1

1 Collage (songs & interviews)

2 Hey Joe

3 Jimi interview

4 How Would You Feel

5 Love Or Confusion

6 Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

7 All Along The Watchtower

8 Little Wing

9 Red House

10 Spanish Castle Magic

11 Hear My Train A Comin'

12 Rock N Roll Band

13 Steppin Stone

14 Gloria

15 My Diary

16 Utee

17 Burning Of The Midnight Lamp

18 Little Miss Lover

19 Foxy Lady

20 Catfish Blues

21 Slow Walkin Talk

77min

Disc 2

1 Traffic Jam

2 Hey Baby Jam

3 Jazz Jam

4 Moonlight Jam

5 Studio Catastrophe

6 Valleys Of Neptune

7 Rainy Day Super Jam

8 Nervous Breakdown

9 Captain Coconut & Cherokee Mist Jam MLK

10 Crash Landing

57min

Disc 3

1 #7 Man (I'm A Man)

2 Voodoo Chile

3 Somewhere Over The Rainbow

4 Red House

5 Angel

6 1983

7 First Jam

63min

Disc 4

1 7 Dollars In My Pocket

2 Devil Jam (Winter Jam)

3 Lover Man

4 Midnight Lightning 1

5 Further On Up The Road

6 The Things I Used To Do

7 Once I Had A Woman

8 Machine Gun

9 Lord I Sing The Blues For You And Me

10 Country Blues

11 Stop

72min

Disc 5

1 Midnight Lightning

2 Lower Alcatrazz

3 There Goes Ezy Rider

7 Dollars In My Pocket

4 Heavy Ryder Jam (Ezy Rider Jam)

5 Easy Blues

6 Gypsy Boy

7 Peace In Mississippi

8 Bluesiana Jam

9 B.B. King Slow Instrumental Jam

79min

Disc 6

1 Two Guitar Jam

2 San Francisco Bay Jam

3 Gypsy Eyes

4 Cherokee Mist

5 The Street Things

6 In From The Storm

7 Freedom

8 Somewhere Over The Rainbow

9 Belly Button Window

10 Captain Coconut/Cherokee Mist

11 Rider Blues

12 Electric Lady Theme

13 Jazzy Jamming (South Saturn Delta)

76min

Disc 7

1 She's So Fine

2 Azis: Bold As Love

3 EXP

4 Up From The Skies

5 Love Jam (Jazz Jimi Jam)

6 Electric Lady Jam

7 Pass It On

8 Hey Baby

9 Stone Free

10 Hey Joe

11 Freedom

12 Red House

13 Ezy Rider

14 New Rising Sun Theme

77min

Disc 8

1 Fire

2 Getting My Heart Back Together Again

3 Spanish Castle Magic

4 Purple Haze

5 Taz Free

6 Message Of Love

7 Red House

8 Voodoo Chile (slight return)

9 Machine Gun

10 Hey Baby (Land Of The New Rising Sun)

76min

boot_after_the_waltz_front_tag.jpg
After the Waltz is a 6-CD monster compilation spanning 15 years, concentrating on the period from 1982 to 1996, during which members of The Band performed solo, in various combinations with others, and as The Band. Many songs rarely performed are included as well as some very interesting versions of the great standards. The sound quality is average to excellent, with most of it being very good

It's not a "proper" bootleg, but a collection of CD-Rs meant for trading. The back covers say "In Memory of Richard Manuel and Rick Danko -- not for sale/ trade freely."

http://theband.hiof.no/albums/boot_after_the_waltz.html

Do you know where/how an inquiring soul might have a listen to this most excellent collection? Been looking around the 'Net to no avail for some time now...

http://bit.ly/9qlImV

The Marsalis Family – Music Redeems

folder4.jpg

Recorded live June 15, 2009 at

The John F. Kennedy Center

for the Performing Arts, Washington, DC.

On August 24, 2010, Marsalis Music and Redeye Distribution will release a rare, new album by New Orleans’ own, The Marsalis Family, recently honored by the National Endowment for the Arts with a 2011 Jazz Masters Award Fellowship. All proceeds from the project will go straight to programming support for the Ellis Marsalis Center for Music, an education center and heart of the New Orleans Musicians’ Village community, conceived in 2005 by Branford Marsalis and Harry Connick Jr. in partnership with New Orleans Habitat for Humanity following Hurricane Katrina.

One of the most famous of New Orleans’ multigenerational jazz families, it is extraordinarily rare for the Marsalis clan to assemble all together in one place. However, approaching Father’s Day of last year, the family gathered at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., to honor its patriarch and the Duke Ellington Jazz Festival’s Lifetime Achievement Award recipient, Ellis Marsalis. With sons Branford on saxophones, Wynton on trumpet, Delfeayo on trombone, Jason on drums, poet Ellis III reciting a piece written especially for his father for the occasion, and special guests Dr. Billy Taylor and family friend Harry Connick, Jr., Ellis inspired an evening of lively performances of repertoire with special meaning to the Marsalis Family, punctuated by family stories and anecdotes about growing up in New Orleans.

The sold-out concert was a testament to Ellis’ talents as an educator, composer, and musician, and to the one-of-a-kind Marsalis family, who have made an indelible mark on the jazz tradition. Marsalis Music recorded this incredible concert and now listeners are invited to join this appreciation of a man who mentored so many of New Orleans’ finest musicians, and the celebration of family, heritage, and the spirit of the city that inspired them all.

All proceeds from the sale of this new album, titled “Music Redeems,†will fund community and music education programming at the Ellis Marsalis Center for Music, currently under construction at the center New Orleans Habitat Musicians’ Village. Since its inception, the Musicians’ Village has grown into a community of seventy-two single family homes and five elder living duplexes in the Upper Ninth Ward for residents of New Orleans who were displaced by the Hurricane Katrina.

Construction of the Ellis Marsalis Music Center is scheduled to be completed in the late spring of 2011 and will offer the Musicians’ Village and its neighbors a place to study, perform, and record music with practice rooms, an after-school music program, recording spaces, a music library, and a performance hall. The Center will provide an environment for the great musicians and teachers of New Orleans to pass along their traditions to future generations, fostering an appreciation for the past and thus securing a commitment to the future of a unique culture which continues to sustain the city and its citizens in the face of seemingly insurmountable obstacles.

The motto of the Musicians’ Village and the title of the Marsalis Family album is “Music Redeems,†and despite the damage inflicted by the storm, the bedrock upon which the culture of New Orleans still lies is its music. At the fifth anniversary of Hurricane Katrina devastation of New Orleans and its musician community, the release of this album from the Marsalis Family marks another building block in the road to rejuvenating the cultural bedrock of New Orleans.

mp3@320CBR

Track List

01 – Introducing (the Marsalis Family)

02 – Donna Lee

03 – Wynton and Branford Speak

04 – Monkey Puzzle

05 – After

06 – Syndrome

07 – Sweet Georgia Brown

08 – Harry Speaks

09 – Teo

10 – The Man and the Ocean

11 – At the House in Da Pocket

12 – The 2nd Line

The Marsalis Family

Ellis Marsalis, Piano

Branford Marsalis, Saxophones

Wynton Marsalis, Trumpet

Ellis Marsalis III, Spoken Word

Delfeayo Marsalis, Trombone

Jason Marsalis, Drums, Vibes & Whistling

Friends

Harry Connick, Jr., Piano

Eric Revis, Bass

Herlin Riley, Drums

http://bit.ly/9qlImV

Gordon Lightfoot

La Cave

Cleveland Ohio

1964 or 1965

SBD

The Auctioneer

Turn Turn Turn

The Way I Feel

Song of the Groundhog

Ribbon of Darkness

Long River

Gossip Calypso

Steel Rail Blues

Sixteen Miles

That's What You Get For Lovin' Me

Nova Scotia Farewell

Get Together

Echoes of the Heroes

http://bit.ly/dwljhW

John Mellencamp – No Better Than This

folder5.jpg

In an age of auto-tuned, computerized recordings, John Mellencamp’s approach on his Rounder debut, No Better Than This, is refreshing. The entire album was recorded with Mellencamp and his band all playing live in one room using a 55 year-old Ampex tape recorder and just one vintage microphone. Legendary producer T Bone Burnett captured the stunning thirteen new Mellencamp originals at three historically important locations: Sun Studio in Memphis, TN (where Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, and Jerry Lee Lewis all first recorded); the First African Baptist Church in Savannah, GA (the oldest Black church in North America, dating to 1775); and in Room 414 of the Gunter Hotel in San Antonio, TX (where Robert Johnson made his first recordings in 1936). The songs on No Better Than This reflect classic American musical traditions including blues, folk, gospel, rockabilly, and country, while addressing such themes as the need for hope, the nature of relationships, and narratives that recount extraordinary occurrences in everyday life.

mp3@320CBR

Track List

01. Save Some Time To Dream 4:30

02. The West End 3:57

03. Right Behind Me 4:00

04. A Graceful Fall 3:20

05. No Better Than This 3:12

06. Thinking About You 3:28

07. Coming Down The Road 4:44

08. No One Cares About Me 6:11

09. Love At First Sight 4:36

10. Don’t Forget About Me 3:13

11. Each Day Of Sorrow 2:35

12. Easter Eve 6:29

13. Clumsy Ol’ World 3:28

http://bit.ly/dwljhW

Jorma Kaukonen

Uncle Willy's

Kingston, NY

06-21-86

MSC>DAT>CD-R>WAV>SHN

* w/ John Hammond

+ w/ Rick Danko, Michael Falzarano

Disc - 1: John Hammond

Ride With Me

My Little Queen Of Spades

Jockey Blues

Drop Down Mama

Come Into My Kitchen

Yonder's Wall

Hard Times

Georgia Rag

Driftin & Driftin

Fattening No More Frogs For Snakes

I'm In The Mood For Love

?

Who Do You Love

Crossroad Blues

Preaching Blues

Disc - 2: Jorma Kaukonen

Set 1

Uncle Sam Blues

Hesitation Blues

How Long Blues

Follow The Drinking Gourd

I'll Be All Right Someday

Ice Age

Broken Highway

Trial By Fire

Police Dog Blues

Killing Time In The Crystal City

Bright Lights, Big City*

My Babe*

I Just Wanna Make Love To You*

Step It Up And Go*

Disc - 3

Set 2

Mystery Train*+

Java Blues+

Crazy Mama+

Rock Me Baby+

Keep On Truckin'+

C.C. Rider+

Baby What You Want Me To Do+

http://bit.ly/cXknnj

folder11.jpg

Easy Star All-Stars – Dubber Side Of The Moon

Following another celebrated run of global touring, the Easy Star All-Stars are geared up to release Dubber Side of the Moon on October 26. Inspired by the burgeoning dub step scene and dub visionaries such as On-U Sound’s Adrian Sherwood and Mad Professor, the Easy Star All-Stars have compiled the ultimate remix collection of their much lauded reggae smash Dub Side of The Moon. Each track features a unique dub producer exploring spaced-out reggae and bass-heavy remixes of the original Dub Side of the Moon – a reggae tribute to Pink Floyd’s iconic Dark Side of the Moon. Dubber Side also includes 4 bonus remixes (as well as 2 additional bonus tracks exclusive to the iTunes release).

Originally released in 2003, Dub Side of the Moon was followed by Radiodread (2006) and Easy Star’s Lonely Hearts Dub Band (2009), establishing Easy Star All-Stars as one of the top international reggae acts of the last decade. The band has amassed over 300,000 album sales and is equally successful in live appearances, playing over 125 shows in 25 countries on 6 different continents in 2009 alone.

In fact, the idea of reinterpreting Dub Side spawned from the band’s intense touring schedule. They were continually being exposed to new dub and reggae offshoots around the world. “We really wanted to evolve these songs and put them in the hands of producers who might take it in new directions,†explains Easy Star Records’ Lem Oppenheimer. “It seemed like a good way to bring some of this newly developing futurist reggae right into our own music.†It was essential to find a balance between the classic dub masters and the new generation of bass-line enthusiasts, while also managing to express the band’s musical outlook and development.

Mad Professor had previously worked on the Radiodread album and was an obvious choice, as were John Peel favorites Dreadzone and Adrian Sherwood, both of whom fit into what Easy Star Records likes to call the ‘dub master vibe.’ Mad Professor’s mix is typically off the wall, whilst Adrian Sherwood manages to create a wall of sound through his adventures in space echo. The All-Stars’ resident soundman The Alchemist’s interpretation of ‘Money’ is a bass bleeder from the start and is probably the track that fits easiest into the dub step category, but Kalbata’s might be the most innovative mix on the album. Israeli born and signed to Soul Jazz Records, his mix merges the tech sound into dub-step. Boston’s mysterious 10 Ft Ganja Plant and Canada’s Juno-Award Winning Dubmatix both provide roots heavy remixes to the album.

mp3@VBR

Track List

01. Speak to me/breathe in the air (dubmatix remix) 3:51

02. On the run (10 ft. ganja plant remix) 4:04

03. Time (groove corporation remix) 5:46

04. The great gig in the sky (dubphonic remix) 5:08

05. Money (the alchemist remix) 6:38

06. Us and them (dreadzone remix) 5:59

07. Any color you like (kalbata remix) 4:04

08. Brain damage (adrian sherwood & jazzwad remix) 4:30

09. Eclips (victor rice remix) 2:37

10. Step it pon the rastaman scene (border crossing remix) 4:20