Jambands.ca

Live 8 Broadcast

Swan

Jaimoe here:

Gord Downey butchered Ahead By A Century

Sometimes I think Gord Downey simply tries too hard. Reminds me of a baseball pitcher who tries to throw harder than he's actually capable....ends up being less effective rather than more.

My question tho is: Who the hell is Buck Cherry and why did he end up with a microphone at the Barrie finale?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Caught the very end of Live 8 in Barrie and saw some highlights of various performances including Bono goofing on "Toronto". Guess he couldn't make Barrie rhyme heh heh...

As much as I admire and believe in Bob's cause, I don't think this event, at least the one in Barrie, was given the proper amount of time to organize such a massive undertaking and the performers I'm sure did their best to deal with the mayhem onstage & backstage...but good on everyone for doing what they did. Not an easy task.

Neil doing "Four Strong Winds" sweet jebus, had to throw on "Comes A Time" shortly afterwards. What a guy and he looks almost the same as that really f#cked up picture from "Harvest".

On a different topic, Bravo had some great stuff on last night. Some Blue Rodeo stuff and a Blue Grass program...quite impressed as Bravo can be hit or miss and to this guy it seems more than a few misses lately...

What a weekend..."My head hurts, my feet stink and I don't love jebus"!