Jambands.ca

Live 8 Broadcast

Swan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah when did Darryl McDaniel's rap rock chowder band get added to the bill? Was that the 21st slot they had open and how come they get better billing than the Hip. Akroyd was good, still can't believe even they get only 3 songs.

How does this thing pay for itself by the way. I guess everyone donates their fee, but the House of Blues people can't be and all the expenses (travel, food, groupies). Is it the sale of the TV rights or something. I don't get it. Concessions?

I caught the whole Floyd set on the internet feed. Did you see the shit eating grin on Roger Waters face during Breathe? No way is this the end. They sounded really good together and had about half the backing band I expected. They must tour.

DMC coulda been tighter for sure but over all it was ok...i thought tyler and perry were gonna join them on stage for sure. but we did get brad hamilton!!!

btw, ctowns that grissom joke was hilarious! props to the gf

and stevie was awesome...

Yeah, Neil rocked (and was even a good sport to that CTV 'tard after his set). What was with that trainwreck ending to Rockin' in the Free World? Brinapple was cringing the last few minutes there. Hehehe!

So sweet of Neil to sing with his blond songbird.

Edited by Guest
Worng channels...oopsie!

I caught the whole Floyd set on the internet feed. Did you see the shit eating grin on Roger Waters face during Breathe? No way is this the end. They sounded really good together and had about half the backing band I expected. They must tour.

That was way too pro to be a one-off. I would be one of their new super-fans if they will have me ;)

Neil was the shit!

He definately was the highlight that I didn't expect.

it brought a tear to my eye for sure.

I didn't expect to get choked up by Neil Young performing, but I sure as hell did. My tear ducts work ;)

I didn't think I'd spend all day watching Live 8, but it sure was entertaining.

Good timing on live 8 and Canada Day. I feel lik e Canada Day was still going when I turned on CTV and the Internet.

Forgive my not knowing the song title, but when Neil sang that "God Made Me" song, I melted. It was so fitting. Not only for the cause but mostly because of what he has endured over the last three months. I felt it a perfect "come back" tune. I saw him welling up during it as well wihich means it really meant something to him as well. I found it all beautiful. Way to go Neil!

Can someone post what songs Neil did, besides "Keep On Rockin...". (i knew he'd play that).

I'm watching the re-broadcasts on AOL Music now. BEST WEBCAST EVER in the history of webcasts!!! Bravo to whoever put that together. They've set a new webcasting precedent. I guess it helps that I'm on a really good computer with a high speed connection, but the images were coming in clear as a good tv, no skips or blips or slowdowns, and the sound was just as great. No problems or delays switching from concert to concert either.

Jaimoe here:

The Hip were awful. Gord Downey butchered Ahead By A Century and their other song selections were suspicious and ill-advised. I was embarrased by their performance, so much so that I'm revoking my Kingson birth certificate.