Jambands.ca

Shoreline Festival pic's

U.FProductions

well The Shoreline Festival in P.E.I. was massively successful this past weekend. with over 2000 people viewed some of the words greatest performer. here's a few pic's from the show.

The festival grounds in Rollo Bay are the best Festival grounds I've ever been to, as you can tell from the pic's!!!!!

man if you guys didn't have the blues fest this past weekend I would be bitchin that you weren't there.

hows the blues fest going?

More Pic's Here

ShoreBusCrowdCompmes.jpg

Shore5557.jpg

Shore5865mes.jpg

Shore5891mes.jpg

Shore5905mesB&W.jpg

Shore5912mesB&W.jpg

Shore5916mesB&W.jpg

Shore5921mesB&W.jpg

Shore5958mes.jpg

Shore6028mes.jpg

Shore6045mes.jpg

Shore6065mes.jpg

Shore6072mes.jpg

Shore5469mes.jpg

Edited by Guest

This picture is one of the finest pieces of rock photography I've ever seen. I love how somehow everyone except Buck looks like they're in black and white. Too me it looks very sincerely like Rich (Terfry) admiring his friend Eric (San)- rather than Buck 65 and Kid Koala. Stupendous.

Shore5958mes.jpg

From everything I've heard Emily was in particularly good spirits. I don't think I've ever seen her smile like this on all the occasions I've seen them run into her. She can be very standoffish and is almost always the last person in the venue first out. You rarely see her just hanging out with the band, the three of them are always around and she turns up just in time to go on stage. The setting and fans must have had a strong effect on her. I also don't think of her as to receptive to so-called hippies so it's even more surprising.

Shore5696mes.jpg-thumb_202_269.jpg

I can honestly say that Shoreline was the most fun I've ever had at a festival on Canadian soil (and I've had some pretty fucking unbelievable times at festivals on Canadian soil).

The music was simply great and solid all the way through - the Canadian bands all played seriously strong sets. Barr Bros. & Benevento, GTB, BNB, Metric, The Duo and Brad solo were my personal highlights (Brad solo was the zenith for me) but the lineup was so diversified that another person could easily have a well justified different opinion. (Skratch Bastid was a riot as well)

The friendly east coast kids were the shit - it was a bit of a struggle meeting around 200 new people and trying to remember their names but I managed. There weren't too many Skanks kicking around but throwing down with PEI Punk (he's doing great, you've got to see the piece of land he's going to build his home on ..... mind blowing, one of the best views in PEI), MattyC, G-Fry, ShowWhore and Northern Wish (thanks for everything Sean, you're the best and it was great seeing you) was a blast.

I heard security was being a little tight with how people were setting up their tents but ultimately all they wanted was to have emergency lanes and once you were set up they sure as hell weren't stopping you from having whatever type of good time you wanted - I chose the completely out of control no sleep kind of fun.

Now to the site and stage........Jesus Christ it doesn't get better than that. The site was perfect - flush toilets, lots of space, lush grass to camp on (very comfy), a hill facing the stage to chill on and a five minute trippy walk to a beautiful beach (which saved my very destroyed psyche on Saturday) - I really can't do it justice. The main stage was just plain fucking cool - the light seashells looked great and the sound was crystal. For the late night sets you stumbled about 50 yards into a huge barn and the party continued - I really like it when the late night stuff moves in a more intimate environment, it keeps the intensity flowing.

Lastly PEI itself is a gem - my first time out there but it won't be my last. The island alone justifies the cost of the flight. This is one festival that Ontario people should seriously think about checking out.

Big thanks to the promoters - you guys should be proud.