Jambands.ca

thanks Wi!!y, Chris, Toronto & Ottawa friends ...

mark tonin

Thanks to Wi!!ly and Chris for making the Toronto > Ottawa BSC road trip with me last week ... it was a wonderful way for me to celebrate my birthday!

Thanks to all of the wonderful people that I connected with in Toronto and Ottawa. Once again, I was overwhelmed at times at how many freakin' awesome people that I have met over the last 4 years at shows and via the sanctuary. Words cannot describe how fortunate I feel to be a part of this community.

Personal highlights:

- Keller!

- surprising some people by showing up in Ottawa relatively unannounced ... surprises are fun!

- our trippy sense of timing ... on our journey we somehow managed to magically arrive at places just at the right time ... the best example was stepping into a cab just as the rain started to fall in buckets in Ottawa

- Burt ... wow!

Personal lowlight:

- the last part of the road trip back to Hamilton from Ottawa ... you'd think after 41 years I'd have figured out what "moderation" means!

;):)

Peace, love and hugs to all of my friends,

Mark

"That was the best surprise I've ever had for someone else's birthday!"

Jay ... running into you and Kate at the entrance to Bluesfest is another great example of our "trippy sense of timing" during that day. It was a treat to see the two of you ... sorry we couldn't spend more time together ... I look forward to connecting with you again.

Tim, Dave and Deb ... once again, it is awesome that the three of you have found your way onto this message board and into this community of wonderful people ... I've known the three of you for 10 + years, and I look forward to many more shared experiences and magical musical moments with the three of you.

Kaidy Mae, what can I say, you're positive energy continues to shine through in a big way! Hope to see you soon.

Paisley, it's been a while my friend, hope to see you soon, thanks for the birthday wishes!

Willy ... thanks again ... I always have the best of times when I'm with you ... looking forward to the next time!

Peace, Mark

I'm with TF: one of my etched-in memories of Blues Fest was turning around during Umphrey's McGee and seeing Tonin, positively beaming while he enjoyed the music. One quick mosey through Lawncharia, and we had a mark-tonin/bradm hug going, which, as any of you who have hugged either of knows, is about the most hugging you can pack into a two-person space without ripping a hole in the space-hug continuum.

Happy (belated) Day, mark!

Aloha,

Brad

It's always so great to have you guys come to town!!!

Sometimes I wish we could all go away for a week and hang out together, because weekend visit's seem to short. Just not enought time.

Just as the party's getting started it ends. I feel like I barely got to talk to anyone.....

((MARK)) - WE NEVER GOT TO DANCE TOGETHER THIS VISIT ....now that is a problem!! teehee. Next time!

bradm ... your posts make me smile and laugh on a regular basis ... thanks for that and for the post above, as I now have a big grin on my face.

MarcO ... thanks for the kind words!

Sunshine, I agree, there never seems to be enough time to connect with everybody. So much great music, so many wonderful people, and not enough time. And yes, we didn't get to dance together, but at least I got to see that smiling face of yours, which radiates positive energy in a huge way! :) :)

Schwa ... keep on working on those Tonin dance moves! :);):)

Peace, Mark