Jambands.ca

Pittsburg Wins

Jakis

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Penguins have won the chance to draft Crosby. I guess that means they will be staying in Pittsburg for awhile.

can anyone say "fixed". you had to know that crosby was going to go to a respectable team that needs a super star to bring it from bankruptcy. and besides, mario could use the cash. b.s.- sabres shouldve had first pick!!!!

Well well well. Let the craziness begin:

Pat Hickey reports Canadiens GM Bob Gainey will contact the Pittsburgh Penguins to explore the possibility of them trading the first overall pick, and the rights to draft Sidney Crosby, to Montreal. Gainey admits it's a long shot but feels it's a discussion worth having.

Booche's take: There is no way the Habs would be willing to give up what Pittsburgh is obviously going to demand from them. At the same time, 'sleight of hand' them Gainey!

All hell is gonna break loose in the next couple of weeks...No telling what shape any team is going to be in! Philly has already bought out Leclair and Amonte...Who's next? Jagr?

Anyways...as for Ottawa...does anyone know what the deal is with Hasek? Did that fugger retire, or is he coming back...I think Ottawa should just buy him out if he hasn't. Marty and Ray can hold the fort IMO!

I'm willing to bet that they are going to let Hasek decide. Listening to the Team on the drive in this morning, Muckler was saying that they will not be buying anybody's contract out and there was some mild speculation he may go after both Gary Roberts and Messier with one year contracts.

Florida was mentioned as a possible destination for Mess along with Edmonton. Who knows? Dudes forty-frickin-four years old!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard about the Roberts deal too...that would be sweet ass, take that you Leaf fuckers!

Actually just found Hasek's salary and he's a steal at 2.3 mill, after the rollback of course.

Unrestricted Free Agents: Peter Bondra, Curtis Leschyshyn, Todd Simpson, Shaun Van Allen, Rob Ray.

Please sign Van Allen...PLEASE!