Jambands.ca

bombs?

c-towns

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe I have an answer to your question, biggest fan, but, I do have an opinion regarding your question...

Why do terrorists that consider themselves to fall under the umbrella of Muslim fundamentalists continue to attack fellow (liberal as you call them) Muslims?? I would suggest that possibly they feel as though the religion and way of life harboured by their religion is being threatened by Western way of life. I think that these fundamentalists are fighting for two reasons. To protect the way of life that has existed for them for thousands of years, and secondly because of suppression caused by Western frontierism during the twentieth century. I think you have to consider all of the terrible conflicts that have occurred over the last century and you will find that either the U.S. or Great Britian, or France--(Algeria) were directly, or indirectly involved in much of the suffering in that area. For example, the Iraq/Iran war in the early eighties was supported by the United States on both sides. There is a commodity that is very valuable to Europe even more than North America, and to have control of it, means power and profit.

One thing I cannot figure out is how Western media seemingly suffers from amnesia??!! How could a democratic candidate be serious about taking office and not bring up the fact that the Republicans in 68 supported Hussein and the Bath regime when they took office. Or how Reagan supported Iraq when they gased the Kurds, and the Iranian citizens??

quite a severe outbreak of amnesia---not one major media outpost could recall that.

Like I said before, I don't really know what the true reasons are, I can just share what I think...

numerodos:

Thanks.

Unless you are getting paid to speak it is my belief that you should keep it short and sweet... It was strange to read an opinion like yours.I am walking up to the steps of almost '40'... and have not heard someone pull that one out (France/Algeria). 'Thanks' and I do mean that.

How often do you hear about the fall of France. I have such a strong opinion (on terrorism)and you have only take it even further back. I do not know if you did it in purpose but... How does 'Zionism' cloud this issue so many years ago.

Biggest Fan - maybe you have to learn to realize that you are an idiot... Maybe then you will see that no one will care what you have to say, and that you need to head back to the BP board before someone says something that you will regret... A lot of people have called you on your lack of intelligence... Do you care to argue that, or will you spend the rest of your time talking about how no one gets what you're talking about? Please understand you are simply wrong about what you're saying, and that if you're looking for restitution regarding the evils that your government has caused then you are looking in the wrong place...

(By the way, 'quotes' and ending your thoughts in a "..." will do nothing to add to your arguement... Talk about the issues and you might be taken seriously... Until then, you are looking pretty pathetic in a lot of people's eyes...)

Hmmmm... Not sure what to think of your response, its hard to figure out whether you are being supportive or grossly sarcastic, but alas, it really doesn't matter since it is just our opinions at stake... Zionism... you have ventured on that trail a few times now... I actually lived in Israel, just for a visit, lived on a Kibbutz in the West Bank, washed dishes and drank really cheap vodka....

anyhow, the movement of the Jewish people to their homeland is part of the foundation of the issue in the middle east, once again, I think they are perceived by fundamentalists as a threat to their way of life.

One of the saddest things I have ever witnessed in all of my travels was watching 18-21 yr olds manditorially serving in the Israeli army. Instead of heading straight to University or college, or on tour, or wherever the hell they want ot go to open their mind to new ideas, they get to learn how to kill people, serve at a post in the country which not only puts your life at a huge risk, they are also responsible for the safety of thousands, one heck of a responsibility to put on someone's shoulders... And they get the wonderful experience of carrying around a weapon everywhere they go, for three fucking years....

Moving into Iraq for at least 12 yrs, (according to Cheney) is not going to solve this issue, rather, it is going to aggrevate it...

If people from all walks of life, religion, ethnicities can co-exist over here, than hopefully they can figure out a way to co-exist peacefully there as well.

Edited by Guest

threads like these are the reason i save my ranting for entertainment and plaming our problems on pop culture and other relatively abstract directions.

the whole 'we need to come together to change the world' thing...it's the truth and will only happen during times of sheer desparation.

at which time i hope to be at a strip club, ladies' night, or womens' rally.

i've been feeling pretty desperate lately. bring on the armageddon!

I am not much for 'blogs' but I will save it and give it a once over. I do not have much time for people who like spending that much time talking.

From the MIT website:[color:blue]

Professor Chomsky has received honorary degrees from University of London, University of Chicago, Loyola University of Chicago, Swarthmore College, Delhi University, Bard College, University of Massachusetts, University of Pennsylvania, Georgetown University, Amherst College, Cambridge University, University of Buenos Aires, McGill University, Universitat Rovira I Virgili, Tarragona, Columbia University, University of Connecticut, Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, University of Western Ontario, University of Toronto, Harvard University, University of Calcutta, and Universidad Nacional De Colombia. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and the National Academy of Science. In addition, he is a member of other professional and learned societies in the United States and abroad, and is a recipient of the Distinguished Scientific Contribution Award of the American Psychological Association, the Kyoto Prize in Basic Sciences, the Helmholtz Medal, the Dorothy Eldridge Peacemaker Award, the Ben Franklin Medal in Computer and Cognitive Science, and others.

Chomsky has written and lectured widely on linguistics, philosophy, intellectual history, contemporary issues, international affairs and U.S. foreign policy...

And once again...

I am not much for 'blogs' but I will save it and give it a once over. I do not have much time for people who like spending that much time talking.

LOL I'm dyin' over here.

BF, if you're going to attempt to provoke opinion and stimulate debate, it may be a good idea to familiarize yourself with one of the world's leading authorities on the subject at hand.

May I also suggest checking out this guy? No harm in being well armed...for a debate, that is. ;)

Canned Beats, What gives? No love on the left coast? :(

W, I love you man!

desperate Beats?

get out campin somewhere up the interior or on one of the Gulf Islands... no money? hitchhike... better yet go meet some folks on Commercial Drive and find someone else to go adventuring with

get down to Wreck Beach in the meantime

summer in BC is no time for the downs (thats usually reserved for the late winter/spring endless rain and cloud)

Edited by Guest

It is a lot easier to come together if we understand each other.

numerodos- I have a lot of respect for you in that what you seem to be saying are your own ideas. It is easy for us to pick up on what others have said. To me it is very easy to see when a person is talking about something that they have lived through and have felt for themselves.

When I was on my honeymoon in Turkey I met the most wonderful man who was a captain leading his men against Turkish Kurds. Every day he was just trying to bring them back alive.

I do not mean to offend when I pull out the Zionism word. I do not do it to get a reaction or to put people off. I am in no way Anti-Semitic. I have to many other 'issues' to have hate in my heart. I am just saying that the fight for the 'holy land' lives on 1000's of years later. It is my belief that it is one of the biggest things that fuels the hatred of the terrorists.

Look at me with the 'blog'. I am not getting paid so I will try my best to never do it again.

I do not do it to get a reaction or to put people off.

Look at me with the 'blog'. I am not getting paid so I will try my best to never do it again.

Now this is funny... I don't even know where to begin!!!

Is this the holy land your talking about... cause it is to the Kurds atleast... though the Zionism thing suggest Isreal... are you just looking for trouble?... well you said you weren't... I don't know what to believe!!!

map_kurdistan1.jpg

:)

~W

It might clear things up if I came out and said that not only do I drink to much but I allso have attention problems. So no matter what, I can be difficult to follow. With that said...

#1 the Turkey story was more for'numerodos'.

#2 was my feelings on the bombs going off around us (Zionism). What is the motivation. Think back to the 74 olympics and the death of the Jewish athletes. It seems that this has all been going on for a lot longer than you and I are aware of.

It might clear things up if I came out and said that not only do I drink to much but I allso have attention problems. So no matter what, I can be difficult to follow. With that said..

I don't think there's a "with that said" necessary, unless it's followed by "ignore me" as there's plenty of us who drink and have attention problems, and don't need two pages to hash out some strange argument for or against everything and nothing.

Honestly, try and hold yourself to a higher standard of debate and discussion and lay out something of interest. Or say nothing at all and lurk in the shadows. Because two pages later I'm still not grasping at all what you're trying to get across other than your difficulty using logic and the english language.