Jambands.ca

studio stuff for sale! (warning: Geekery inside) updated

Tungsten Gruvsten

Ok looks like Denise and I just got a house, christ this whirlwind is picking up speed....

of course by 'bought' I mean increased my debt load by a couple orders of magnitude.

anyhoo, looking to clean up around here in anticipation of the move, first place I'll start is the studio! I'd rather you fine folks make use of this gear than some random ebayers...Of course i'm flexible on prices and trades are an option as well...although i'm not looking for other audio/studio stuff. :P

ok here goes:

--------------------------

2x Canare 50' 2T2s Cable...like new...high quality stuff... $70/both(that's the price of one cable!)

8x 25-35' XLR cables...all in great shape, one has some duct tape on it i'm too lazy to

clean off. $50 getsa ya all 8. Get yer cheap on!

Sennheiser e903 Instrument mic $100...Awesome for guitar cabs/drums/congas/percussion,

especially snare - super durable for live sound and all Sennheiser mic's have a 10 year

warranty. Like New.

Sennheiser 865 Vocal Mic $200 Super cardioid, tons o' feedback rejection, perfect for stand

out vocals. Excellent condition.

Audix OM-5 Vocal Mic $150 Again another dead mint vocal mic that I'm just not going to use.

Hypercardioid and very detailed - perfect for female vocals and detailed voices.

Studio Projects B1 Studio Condensor Mic $100 Large diaphragm, beautiful sounding mic. With

clip and Windscreen, i've got the original box around here somewhere too...

ART Tube MP Tube Preamp $50 Single channel tube preamp, great for distorting vocals and

guitars, has phantom power etc

Computer shit: 2x 128MB PC100 RAM, 1x D-Link PCI Network card, 1x 256 MB PC133 Crucial RAM,

1x 64MB PC100 RAM...all for $50. I'll also throw in any other extra computer bits I can

find, screws, cables, there's a good handful around here..some IDE, SATA, Floppy etc... please god someone make use of this wasted geekery!

I've got pictures of all these(except the computer stuff) if yer curious as to what they

look like. PM me if yer interested, or email me...

Edited by Guest

The house is in Guelph, just off downtown(5 minute stumble)

No ones beating down my door and i'm not going to list them further on the net till the weekend, those are the same prices i'm going to ask in US $$ elsewhere....so still some time to get back to me. I figured there are enough bands/like-minded audio folks on this board to snap up some bargoons.

Princess-is Trevor a friend of J.Hunsberger? Shaved head? am I thinking of the right guy?

oh you know I'll be interested in some of that stuff.

That bag of cables has come in handy, except for the piece of crap 1 sided RCA cable ;)

Guitar cables for sure. I know we'd probably benefit from another decent mic, but that effects rack appears very interesting.

Edited by Guest

hey eric!

congratulations on the house and upcoming marriage! i saw you from a distance at hillside and wanted to come say hey but was babysitting for dr and mrs evil mouse and was in the middle of a leona mouse meltdown :)

don't worry about clearing things out, i think george mouse and mark tonin are on their way over with a shopping list :)

the middle of a leona mouse meltdown :)

Ah' date=' the golden moments! ;)

Congrats on the house, Eric! Glad we got to chat at Hillside; we'll be able to swap some good debt-grief stories before long.

[/quote']

one phrase - you will never be back up to zero again. ever.

the only exceptions are:

-winning the lottery and paying the whole mess off

-becoming an indoor farmer or e-lab owner and paying the whole mess off

-working like a madman for the rest of your life and scrimping and saving to pay the whole thing off

short of any of these, owning a home means perpetual broke-ness. on paper, and conceptually, you will eventually aysymptotically approach zero, but yes, you will be in debt for a long time.

as an economics prof once told me, any monetary value that exceeds the cost of 9 cases of beer is pretty much just a number. billion dollar defecit, hundred thousand dollar mortgage, it's just numbers...