Jambands.ca

Brent Mydland passed away on this day 7/26/1990

TimmyB

Hard to believe that it has already been fifteen years since Brent passed on. May you rest in peace Brent.

From www.billboard.com

THIS DAY IN MUSIC For Tuesday July 26, 2005.

1990 - Grateful Dead keyboardist Brent Mydland dies of a drug overdose in Lafayette, Calif., at age 38. Mydland had replaced keyboardist Keith Godchaux - who died in 1979 - who in turn had replaced Ron "Pigpen" McKernan - who died in 1973.

watching the "downhill from here" video from alpine valley, i was struck by the interplay between jer and brent. they really were a good team.

thank you brent for a real good time...those hamilton shows were the highlight of my dead show attending career, and well put paisley, things weren't the same again.

fare thee well, mr mydland. i hope you wound up somewhere good...maybe brent and jer are jamming now :)

Brent could surely rip it, on keys and vocally, but it's his ballads that get me every time. (only he & Jerry in the band are capable of moving me to tears!)

"I Will Take you Home" has a long-standing place in my heart, as do you Brent. Hope you're "home" and safe in someone's arms on the other side!

I'll always remember that day. When we were first told, I still remember the answer from whoever first spoke:

"Brent who?"

We had just seen him the week before, and I had just had to let my tickets to Brent's final show in Chicago go to waste at Will Call because I couldn't get down there. (Well ... that's not the whole story, but let's just say it was in my interests to remain on this side of the border at that time.)

Anyway, I will always miss him. "Ain't no fog that's thick enough to hide" my memories.

Thanks for this thread.

RIP, Brent:

crying.gif