Jambands.ca

The Barr brothers live in Montreal now

AdamH

Luke mentioned something about Brad and Andrew Barr living in Montrel now. It turns out to be true (as this came from the Slip's Bio Page)

2005 - The trio spends the first half of the year ceaselessly recording their new album and plotting their revival. The Barr Brothers move to the radiant city of Montreal, Que., while Marc continues to grow ideas in Boston. What will become of these modern troubadours? Rumors abound: a new album, visits to China, more strange collaborations with hobo poets.

The Barrs being in Montreal is likely a good thing for the two of them, but I'm not entirely sure this is good news for the Slip's future.

As Luke was saying at Hillside, chances are they'll run and tour with the new album for a while when it comes out and probably take a look at things after that's over, say in a year from now.

I'd like to think a move to Montreal wasn't based in the "all-eyes-on-hipsterdom" but rather on the fact that Montreal is possibly Canada's best city IMO. So much culture and so much excitement...sometimes it seems like the city that breathes more than others.

I think it probably has a lot more to do with Andrew being in love with a Montrealer. I can't see Marc ever leaving Fall River/ Boston though. He seems like he's 'in love with Massacheusets' as the song Roadrunner goes.

"roadrunner roadrunner - drive a thousand miles an hour, with the radio on"