Jambands.ca

Hey Leaf Fans, Say Goodbye to Roberts & Joe Neiuwendyk

Jaimoe

This just in:

Roberts, Nieuwendyk sign in Florida

The Toronto Maple Leafs have just become a lot younger.

Sportsnet.ca -- The Florida Panthers have made the first major foray into the NHL free agency market, signing two veteran forwards.

Sportsnet has learned NHL veterans Gary Roberts and Joe Nieuwendyk have agree to two-year deals with the Florida Panthers.

Both Roberts and Nieuwendyk signed for $2.25 million a year.

Roberts had 28 goals and 20 assists with Toronto in 2003-04, while Nieuwendyk had 22 goals and 28 assists in 64 games played.

Heard domi on the Sworski show say that if Roberts and Newindyke go, hes gone. Good riddance.

No fucking way. A team has to have players like Domi, and I'm not taking about fighters. Domi can skate, is an excellent bodychecker and isn't dumb with the puck. He sets up plays and in many games where he saw a lot of ice-time, he was one of the best Leafs. He never takes games off either, like many of the Leafs tend to do.

Either love him or hate him. I hate him. I agree that he plays hard, I disagree that has any skill though ( aside from being a great goon.). Ill never be convinced otherwise, either, so please dont try to pursuade me. Sure he scores 12 goals a year, but thats the league average and hes been around long enough to know how to put the puck in the net on occasion. I saw him once miss an empty net goal and my GF, who pretty much despises hockey, was like, "thats all he does (play hockey), and he missed the net?" I had a good laugh.

Sure he scores 12 goals a year, but thats the league average and hes been around long enough to know how to put the puck in the net on occasion.

Now consider the lack of ice time given to him. Cherry is always bitching about that one. He is an asset to whichever team he will play for. he's also the fastest skater for the Leafs (but he's still a meathead, granted)

• 2 years later...