GOD MADE ME FUNKY TONIGHT @ GYPSY CO-OP

Jay Funk Dawg

front.jpgback.jpg

ANNOUNCING THIS MONTH'S FRIDAY JAZZ GROOVE ARTIST LINEUP

AT GYPSY CO-OP

817 Queen St. W

www.gypsyco-op.com

HEINEKEN GYPSY CO - OP FRIDAY JAZZ GROOVE SERIES

The Gypsy Co-Op is located at 817 Queen St. West, two blocks west of Bathurst in the trendy Queen West Arts District. Every Friday night The Gypsy Co-op hosts top Canadian and American jazz funk, electro jazz and urban groove artists.

A full service restaurant and lounge by day, The Gypsy transforms into a bumping live venue with bar and in-house candy store. The Gypsy's bohemian ambiance and soulful music will delight your senses.

FRIDAY, August 12

GOD MADE ME FUNKY (nu-funk & old school hiphop)

w/ DJ ?uesquecest

10PM - $10 Adv. $12 Door

GMMF93-thumb.jpg

Widely recognized in Canada's music scene for their high energy original music and live remixes of Funk, Soul, RnB, and Hip-Hop classics, God Made Me Funky is a Toronto-Based live collective who share the common bond of moving crowds and bringing the Funk.

www.godmademefunky.com

also...

Friday, August 19th

STEPHEN FRANKE & THE NOISES FROM THE TOOLSHED (jazz funk groove)

with special guest VANDERPARK (funk rock)

10 PM $8

franke.jpg

Victoria, BC guitarist/vocalist Stephen Franke and his rhythm section "The Noises From The Toolshed" play a distinctively Canadian brand of jazz and world fusion. Mixing latin jazz, funk grooves, cuban rhythms and strong musicianship for a new and curious sound.

www.stephenfranke.ca

Vanderpark; A heady brew of rock, funk, and pop that's hard to deny. This up and coming Toronto band has just released their debut disc "All Your Hands"

www.vanderpark.com

banner11.gif

Edited by Guest

This is going to be one of the best shows I've done at Gypsy Co-op. Firstly the band is smokin' they've got a wild funk-soul-fresh-hiphop sound.. and secondly they are a very large ensemble.. 10 people, 3 singers, it's going to be mad!

I know some of you boarders are going to be there to dance, see you on the dance floor. :)

* yikes, I gotta get up early to head to Lose Yer Shoes..