Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

another sun article. frickin' redden.

COLUMBUS -- The Edmonton Oilers, looking for puck-moving defenceman, have targeted Wade Redden.

Just one problem: Redden doesn't want to leave Ottawa.

Redden told the Sun he doesn't want to waive his "no trade" clause, would like to return to Ottawa next season and is willing to talk about a contract extension with GM Bryan Murray.

"Obviously, I have to speak with Bryan and find out where he's at because he just took over," said Redden yesterday. "But I'm sure (agent Don Meehan), myself and Bryan will be speaking over the course of the next little while.

"I know I'm an unrestricted free agent next summer, but I definitely want to be back there. I don't want to go anywhere. I'm really excited about being (in Ottawa), especially after the year we had."

While Redden had an "off year" with seven goals and 29 assists, the Senators had a difficult time winning without him.

Sources say Edmonton GM Kevin Lowe has Redden, 31, on a list of blueliners he covets. The Oilers could dangle LW Raffi Torres, RW Joffrey Lupul or RW Fernando Pisani in front of the Senators to try and land Redden.

Lowe tried to deal for midway through last season, but was rebuffed by then-GM John Muckler.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before anyone puts much stock into this I have two words for you.

Public relations.

What do you think would happen if Redden said he wanted to leave? Lets say Ottawa couldnt find a taker in a trade? Redden would be vilified for the entire season and probably wouldnt be able to resign next summer even if he wanted to.

Somewhere on this planet, you can be sure Ollies left arm just went numb

Veteran forwards Gary Roberts and Mark Recchi have agreed to terms on one-year contracts with the Pittsburgh Penguins, sources tell TSN.

Both players were scheduled to become free agents on July 1.

Amid reports that both the Ottawa Senators and Toronto Maple Leafs would pursue Roberts heavily, Roberts agreed to a deal worth $2.5 million.

Recchi's deal is worth $2 million against the salary cap and includes bonus provisions to get to that amount

They should do what I did in NHL 07. Trade Meszaros for Ovechkin, and drop schubert back on defence... Gerber and Varada for Bryzgalov and Kunitz... move Fisher to the First line and Drop Spezza back to the 2nd line... sign 15 year old phenom Straton Whitiker to a long term deal at 1 million per... (he's obviously a charity case with one of the programmers... but man can that kid run over defencemen on his way to the net... I can't wait to see what he's like when he turns 18!!!)... and put Mike Comrie on the first Powerplay... run a bag skate drill every 2nd practice for the 1st half of the season, then focus on shooting and tactics for the final half. Take the goalie out if he doesn't get a shutout, and keep him in if he does...

The team will go undefeated for a few seasons (except for that Bullshit overtime loss to Atlanta in season 1 after too many bag skates... grrrr). And we'll outscore opponent 11-1.

Just saying that you can "shop around" a UFA because there is a precedence set.

Looks like we got another 19 year old on the internets falling for that shit. I'm guessing you got sucked into all the rumours yesterday as well. Speaking of which, my downstairs neighbour sure did. He fully expected a TON of trades last night.

• 2 weeks later...
Eklund is reporting Peter Schaefer for Shean Donovan (e5)

This was reflected in the rosters on NHL.com early this morning even before Ecklund broke the news. I wonder how that happened?

If we have to lose Schaefer, this isn't a bad way of doing it.