Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've missed lots of hilarity in this thread, but I love how Kev's 'turning point' has nothing to do with the games actually being played.

How about being completely dominated in Anaheim and coming home down 2-0? That might have a slightly bigger impact on the series than a puck fired at the end of a period, don't you think?

You'd think a conspiracy-theorist would know better than to listen to whatever the media tells him. ;)

the reason they're losing is because of all the things the Ducks are doing so well

Thank you Guigs.

The Canadian media seems to have missed this point as well. The Ducks are playing fucking awesome hockey. I don't think I've ever seen a team do a better job of controlling the neutral zone, forcing dump-ins and then make breaking out of their own end look so easy.

Pahlsson's faceoff numbers alone are simply incredible. The speed of McDonald and Selanne (especially in game 4) is something the Sens haven't seen all playoffs, and it's forcing their D to make quick decisions and mistakes. They're backing up and not able to be as aggressive on the puck as they could be against Pit, NJ and Buf.

Have the Sens played great hockey? No. But there's certainly more to it than them 'not showing up' as you'd be lead to believe.

Kev, you think Alfie isn't shouldering any of the blame? You imply that he isn't a good player? Come. On. Man.

hey, i've never said he isn't a good player. On the contrary. I've complimented many of his goals (especially that one in the last game in the dying seconds of the first period). He's a great sniper and power play force. I simply question the extent of his talent in some other areas, much like people do with other players in the league. Sorry that y'all take it to heart so much. It's part of sports. Do you hear me slagging all of the players on the Senators? No. I have said many a good thing about a lot of them.

Kanada Kreskin, you seem to know a lot of what could have happened, if something else didn't happen, or if something happened differently, or if it happened to another team... Stick to what actually occurred.

Why do you think that people love sports? It's entertainment that fuels discussion, debate, what if scenarios etc. If you only talk about what occurred (and that's always open to interpretation, bias, beer goggles, etc.) it sure would be lame.

As for your comments about Alfie being a cheapshot artist, well, you're wrong. He's MVP material and if you can't see that, i don't know what hockey league you've been watching all year. Every player has a couple bad plays in their career. You didn't even cite one 'cheap shot' - Alfie's been in the NHL for 13 years or so, you have a lot of games to choose incidents from.

Sorry, don't watch Alfie all season long. I see him the most during the playoffs as that is the time I love watching all the matchups regardless of what team is playing. You get the best hockey out of the best players, under the biggest microscope and pressure. I have watched Alfies play, and while the moniker "cheapshot artist" may be a bit of a stretch, I have seen many a game where his antics do not reflect Lady Bing-like qualities. Again, he seems to have a halo around him (like a lot of other "star" players) and seems to have a different set of rules that surround his play as compared to players who exert the physical aspects of the game.

# Finished 4th in Lady Byng Memorial Trophy voting as the NHL's most gentlemanly player in 2005-06.

# Finished 2nd in Lady Byng Memorial Trophy voting in 2003-04.

Whatev. If I get a chance to say hello to Alfie for ya at the NHL Players awards I will ...

The Canadian media seems to have missed this point as well. The Ducks are playing fucking awesome hockey. I don't think I've ever seen a team do a better job of controlling the neutral zone, forcing dump-ins and then make breaking out of their own end look so easy.

Man, I totally agree with you. I've been amazed at the consistency and skilled play of the Ducks right through the playoffs. They have overcome some incredible teams along the way. All the while, they've been reported as some sort of joke or non-deserving franchise to have made it to the finals.

The media here (especially CBC) has disgusted me. The game on Monday might as well have been considered a Senators broadcast with local sports radio guys determining the outside-play content. I've never seen the CBC NOT cover a team like they are NOT covering the Ducks. Where the fuck are the stories about the Duck players and where they are from and their families and friends who are supporting them? NONE! NBC has done a superior job on being an unbiased reporter of the series (too bad they didn't pick up Games 1 and 2).

Have the Sens played great hockey? No. But there's certainly more to it than them 'not showing up' as you'd be lead to believe.

How many times have you read that the Sens have played their best game yet? Come on! They are being shut-down by a team that is consistent in their attack and mind-boggling on defence.

I hate the fact that the biggest selling point of this Cup has been to label it a Can vs. US championship. Why can't they simply cover it as truly the best teams to come out of the East and the West. Leave the nationalistic pride and challenges to the World Cup and other international events where players represent their countries, not their franchises. You should hear people around work here talk about it. UGH.

The media here (especially CBC) has disgusted me. The game on Monday might as well have been considered a Senators broadcast with local sports radio guys determining the outside-play content.

Now you know what it's like for us to watch Hockey Night in Canada during the regular season. ;)

As the captain, and it's timing, he has to shoulder a lot of the blame. Good players are humble and suck it up or shut up.

sorry kev, i thought what you wrote there implied you didn't think alfie was a good player

Alfredsson fakes like he is going to tomahawk Tie Domi with his hockey stick in a regular season game in 2006.

Too bad they don't make helmets to fit white-boy afros, because I’d like to line you up for a tomahawk.

;)

Alfredsson fakes like he is going to tomahawk Tie Domi with his hockey stick in a regular season game in 2006.

Too bad they don't make helmets to fit white-boy afros' date=' because I’d like to line you up for a tomahawk.

;)[/quote']

they do so go for it old man ;)

20040329_101628_Alfredsson.jpg

Edited by Guest

The reason that there was not a penalty called on the shot that Daniel Alfredsson fired off of Scott Niedermayer at the end of the second period in Game 4 was that the referees were probably in a state of shock. They were likely asking themselves the same question that I was: Did I really just see that?

Even after the game I was still thinking that there was no way that Alfredsson did what he did on purpose, but I'm left with the thought that he knew exactly what he was doing. In the future referees will probably have to take a closer look at incidents like this. It's a case of live and learn for the NHL.

There was a lot of outrage surrounding the incident; outrage from the players and the media alike, as it is a complete lack of sportsmanship on Alfredsson's part. There should also be some outrage coming from the Ottawa Senators. The Senators should be outraged that they only put 20 minutes of good hockey together. They should be outraged that everyone is talking about their captain in a negative light.

Whatever you may think about what Alfredsson did, it was an incident that was born out of frustration or anger at how his team was playing. Maybe it's time that the Ottawa Senators show everyone what they are made of and rally around their captain, win a game in Anaheim and send the series back to Ottawa. After they do that then they can say “don't talk about our captain like that.â€

Alfredsson has been the best player through the first three round of the playoffs. He is at his absolute best when he is playing on the edge. The hit on Henrik Tallinder in the Eastern Conference finals is a perfect example of that. He's been so-so at best in the Finals but lots of other guys on the team have been a lot worse than him. It's time the Senators band together and rally around their captain.

The bold part in Kev's world means that Alfie is a cheap hitter from behind.

The bold part in Kev's world means that Alfie is a cheap hitter from behind.

Thanks Booche. I saw the video of those comments by Bob:

http://broadband.tsn.ca/?vid=8375

I would love to one day see Bob McKenzie in skates and hockey gear and see if he can even move! There are lots of players who "play on the edge".

On a Fisher note, here's a quick bit off of TSN as well. It's amazing how a competitive, hungry, and talented team player like Fisher can unite hockey fans of all sorts. He's got class :)

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=209991&hubname=