Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've gotta love the Steve Smith own goal as the game winner.

The Pahlsson-Niedermayer-Moen shut-down line turned scoring line has to be the story of the series. They were absolutely dominant at both ends of the ice.

Curious stat from tonight - Corvo and Preissing didn't play a shift from the 10 minute mark of the 2nd on. Preissing is as good as gone (some team will overpay him based on his inflated stats playing in the Ottawa system, see Chara). But Coro is going to be a key player for years to come, his game really came around in the playoffs.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20062007/SC030415.HTM

I am ever so sorry my friends but try to take this to heart if you already havent, and I am sure you have. This is STILL a young team (how the fuck is that even possible?). The core has gone under major changes in the past few years and now will come to rely on the shoulders of Spezza, Heatley and Emery. This series wont soon be forgotten and no matter what anyone says, they learned a shitload.

That being said. I didnt see tonight's game. Best of luck until we get to the point that I really start hating you as a divisional rival. As a Habs fan, I have given up that playoff spot to you for almost a decade.

Guest Low Roller

I missed last night's game, but it's obvious that the better team won. Anaheim were dominant throughout the series, and the Sens always seemed to play catch-up. I thought that things would be different when the Sens scored early in Game 1, but alas Anaheim were just too fucking strong.

So how many first round picks do Edmonton get now that Pronger won the Cup?

I'm proud of the Sens for everything they accomplished this year. The start of the year was tough as they were scraping the bottom of the division with Boston. I remember the cries of 'Trade Alfie' everywhere. But the team kept their heads together during the skid (unlike the Habs), and turned it around to have one heck of a second half of the season.

They beat the snot out of Crosby and the Penguins, broke Brodeur and the Devils in a tough series, amused themselves with the President Cup winner Sabres in a GREAT series, only losing three games combined in those three series. What a great run for them. I wish I was in Ottawa to enjoy all the festivities.

Guest Low Roller

This one is rich.

Ecklund, the ever-informative and reliable source of all rumours had the following to say:

One little rumor for you....It looks like Yashin may want to return to Ottawa..and there is much more of course to that whole story....

He said it. [color:purple]It must be true.

Oh yeah, Kev... regarding Alfie. Suck. It.

Hey, I'll be the first one (well prob not) to say that he really stepped up and was one of the couple of Sens that really showed up for the game (of course, Fisher was the other!) Alfie's efforts showed what he could do ... too bad the team didn't follow suit.

Great game last night. Sens got whipped. I am really happy for Corey Perry. I hope that he brings the Cup home to London. What at great ride he has had!!! World Jr Championship, Memorial Cup, and now the Stanley Cup. I am even happier for this guy...

953_1.jpg

Also shots on goal

Ana - 18

Ott - 13

I think that they only had 4 shots on net at the half-way mark of the game!!! And it's not like they were killing penalties the entire time either, they had 3 power plays in the first.

Sheer domination by the Ducks.

Murray got out-coached.

Should have taken my advice and put in Gerber for the Third :D :D :D

i don't think murray got out-coached, but boy did we ever get clobbered in that game and in that series. ottawa was unprepared for the multiple dominant players from anaheim, and emery picked a lousy day to have his worst game of the playoffs. woulda been nice to play a run and gun team rather than boring trap bullshit, but i guess that's what it takes. too bad.

good win for the ducks, gonna be an interesting off-season. at least it will be pretty short. we were one of two teams still playing hockey on June 6. Not bad at all.

and kev, your Gerber suggestion is still hilarious.

Congrats on a great Cup run Sens ... really. After the first 3 rounds it looked like it was in the bag.

The off season can heal wounds and refocus a team on reaching the top again. You guys are lucky in that there is still a youthful core to the team that can be built upon. A better start to next season and the Sens will be contenders again.

Fisher is one class act (great poise being interviewed by NBC after the first period last night).

woulda been nice to play a run and gun team rather than boring trap bullshit, but i guess that's what it takes. too bad.

I wouldn't say that Anaheim played boring trap bullshit. They played hard and were much faster on the puck than Ottawa. The giveaways were the killer. eg Alfie's giveaway to Perry for the last goal.

Now New Jersey plays boring trap bullshit and Ottawa smoked them.