Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: "Sens Mile celebrations threaten police's bottom line" (March 13). How many taxpayers in Ottawa really want to pay for a Sens Mile on Elgin St. again, given that only a very small fraction of the population (drunken rowdies mostly), many of whom don't pay taxes, go out on the street and (potentially) cause trouble?

As a taxpayer, I am dead set against it. The police should be clear in stating that law enforcement on Elgin St. will be the same on any night -- if you break the law (especially jaywalking) you get a ticket or you get arrested. Then see how many "extra" cops you actually need. Now, when and if the Senators actually ever win the Cup, maybe there could be an exception, let's wait and see.

As it is, with the publicity already favouring this non-event, encouragement has just been given to the element not wanted there. Let Elgin St. businesses pay for extra policing if they wish to sponsor extracurricular participation by supposed Sens fans.

Why doesn't Chief Vern White get on with his policing duties rather than trying to worry us with his pessimistic forecasts all the time? Surely he has contingency funding for any remote incident that might occur during this year's Sens fiasco, over and above the performance of the police department's regular duties?

It might be a good event for police stun gun practice though. So why not take it out of the training budget.

Arend Smid

Nepean

No kidding. Gotta hate whiners like that who only want money spent on things that THEY approve. You wouldn't want the city to spend money on safety for a celebration that unites fellow citizens and neighboutrs .. ooh nooooo!

Typical for somebody who writes to the Sun. If I ever want to be reminded about how idiotic some people are I just read the letters to the editor of The Sun (and then read the one sentence replies from the ed).

Guest Low Roller

One of the worst teams in the West challenges the best teams in the East.

The discrepancy between the East and West teams is really bad.

Thanks for the newsflash, have you been listening to anything I've been saying all year?! ;) Teams like Phoenix and St.Louis would probably be in the playoffs if they played in the East.

The East has been incredibly mediocre, but both the Devils and Rangers are showing signs that they might be able to compete with the big teams out West.

The Rangers have been a new team over the past month or so. But yes, I'd prefer to see them crash and burn too!

Pittsburgh will be lethal once they have a Malkin-Sykora-Malone Crosby-Hossa-Dave Semenko 1-2 punch. But team defense is going to remain a question.

seems like the opposition is always benefiting from the other team's third jersey

561.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You sound more and more like the type of Leaf fans that you despise and have ridiculed every day :)

Suck it up, the Sens didn't lose because of the refs last night ... they were really classy at the end of the game too (especially Alfie).

Good luck in the playoffs.

Who do you want for Mike Fisher? Damn, i'd love to get him away from that team (i know, he just signed his contract recently ... but one can wish right?)