Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sens looked good last night ... Leafs sure didn't. I agree that the Second period provided the best hockey to watch. Ottawa capitalized on each mistake by the Leafs ... yes, there were lots of them.

Despite the giveaway by White, I thought that both White and Bell are looking better these days than friggin' McCabe. I always said that they should have traded McCabe while his value was artificially/momentarily inflated.

Hopefully the rematch tomorrow night will prove to be a bit more exciting ... the fact that Tucker's target on his back got that much bigger should be fun ... could cause the Sens problems if they focus too much on him ... D'Ecoy Tucker :P

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

That is very true...I'm still not 100% sold on Gerber either.

Apparently talks with Yanic Perrault are heating up. He would be a nice addition...maybe win some face-offs. Guess that'll mean Kaigorodov would be sent down.

Who let him wear #55 anyways...I thought it was Sens policy to not wear a number higher than 45.

The emphasis is on the "more" in "2 or more". And do games against the Laughs really count?

I don't see where Perrault fits in here. Not exactly the energy type guy Murray has been using on the 4th line. But the Sens are badly in need of face-off help. Speeza is decent, but it seems like every other game he's up against someone he can't beat. Fisher and McAmmond have been pretty bad overall.

The numbers policy was part of Martin's effort to do away with the prima donna attitudes of the young guys at the time - Daigle, Bonk, etc.

Edit to add - guys are assigned "rookie camp" numbers in the 40s, 50s, 60s. Usually when he officially "makes" the big team, he'll get to pick a traditional number.

Edited by Guest

Is trouble brewing in the return of the Battle of Ontario tomorrow?

Senators coach Bryan Murray was trying to calm the waters following a one-hour workout today at the Bell Sensplex.

There is talk Leafs winger Darcy Tucker could be a target after beating up Senators winger Patrick Eaves during Ottawa's 6-2 victory Tuesday in Toronto.

"We didn't like what (Tucker) did, especially to a guy like Patrick Eaves. He's not a fighter," said centre Mike Fisher.

The Senators are also waiting to see if the league will suspend Toronto winger Chad Kilger, who speared Ottawa defenceman Christoph Schubert.

"The referee (Bill McCreary) was yelling at me and telling me to stop acting. I asked him how he would feel if he got speared in his 'two little friends.'" said Schubert.

Defenceman Anton Volchenkov (bruised shoulder) is expected to play while goalie Ray Emery will start.

hmm.... interesting.

the guys that did the radio call last night were awful. dave schreiber and someone else. went about 15 minutes in the second period without saying how much time was left. or had elapsed. making it hard to tell where we were in the game.

The explanation for the 5 + 2 that they suggested on the TV was something along the lines of: The first instigator "incident" is kind of given as a free pass (still getting the 2 for roughing though) as multiple instigators result in suspensions. So, I guess you could say McCreary was giving Tucker a warning. I doubt you'll see him do anything tomorrow night.

Plain and simple, the two fights were used as strategy to get the team pumped. I'm sure Cherry will praise it. Like it or not, it almost worked. If that Toronto goal hadn't been kicked in, a 5-3 game with plenty of time left could have really been different. Did you notice that after Tucker's penalties he barely went in for any hits? He had plenty of chances too. They know that he can draw opponents into more penalties too (Ottawa knows that) and may have opened that slight possibility of getting a couple of more power plays.

Don't get me wrong, i think that the attack on Eaves was uncalled for. Tucker should have picked a fight with a willing participant if they were going to take that tactic.

Like I said before, watch for Tucker to be the decoy tomorrow night and the drawer of penalties.

Be on the lookout for Peca. I have more and more appreciation for that guy.

Hey, somebody said Fischer was useless? Maybe, but did you see him rush down the right side later in the game?? It looked like he had a turbo charger built into his skate. Wow was he fast.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Hey, somebody said Fischer was useless? Maybe, but did you see him rush down the right side later in the game?? It looked like he had a turbo charger built into his skate. Wow was he fast.

I said he's pretty bad at winning face offs. But I also think he's the heart and soul of the team and will be the next captain once Alfie is gone.