Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AD might be burnt out of witty things to say after I overheard him destroy a Leaf fan last night at the Crowes. Some idiot says to him

"So yeah, Ottawa is now meeting Toronto on the golf course, eh?"

to which AD brilliantly replied

".....on the back 9"

He wins.

I must've been loaded up on those $6 beers pretty good. I have no recollection of that. But then again why would I bother remembering a conversation with a Leafs fan anyways?

:)

AD

I usually hate this guy and disagree with most of what he says' date=' this one is different though:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/columnist.jsp?content=20060516_134848_3036[/quote']

That's the weakest thing I have read...so was Earl's cigarette bullshit today....

Sorry I forgot it was because of the trade deadline that you lost, my bad :) but that actually proves the point that the "team" you had wasn't actually a "team" after all if you needed to add players at the trade deadline...

One thing Muckler said yesterday is that he didn't want to trade away the future of the team at the deadline....

Bochenski? What was that?

I also overheard him say something about nearly landing Doug Weight, but didn't completely hear what he said...can someone clarify?

As to what this nimrod said...A Weight type of person could have added to make a "team" but again, Muckler couldn't land someone like that at the deadline...so again...I am right..

As always...

I didn't like Muckler's press conference. At they very least he should have talked to Hasek beforehand so that Muckler could give more confident answers.

In an ideal world I would like to see Bryan Murray move up to GM and then bring in Mike Crawford.

Ok...you said landing Weight or Recchi may not have won us the cup...basically what this article is saying is that we didn't have the "heart" to win the cup. You have told me in the past that "heart" has very little to do with it. These two would have added an extra bit of "heart" depth to our team.

You also said there wasn't much "out there"

3 players that Ottawa looked at:

Jokinen, Mcauley, Roloson....

Arnason was an after thought...after he couldn't score any of these guys, Muckler said, "I better make a move"

I have NEVER told you heart has very little to do with it. If I did, I was fucking with you and you blindly fell for it.

Dude, there wasnt much out there. Look at the trades that were acutally made. GM's even went on the record saying that teams were asking for too much. You have to give to get.

Fuck this circle jerk. I am done with it.

One thing Muckler said yesterday is that he didn't want to trade away the future of the team at the deadline....

Bochenski? What was that?

Don't confuse a great preseason for the future of the franchise. Bochenski was a 7th round pick and he played like it. 17 points in 40 games. If anything his numbers in Ottawa were inflated because of the talent he played with. He is not that talented himself.

It's really as simple as the Sens did not come up with the big goals when they needed. They have more talent than pretty much any team in the league.

I'm about to make the biggest statement as to why Ottawa lost. Are you ready????

[color:red]BUFFALO IS A GREAT TEAM!!!!

They finished three points behind Ottawa 113 to 110 with the same amount of wins 52. They had a better PP% and PK%. They also ended the season on a high note, Ottawa was struggling. This was not an upset. The better team won.

Emery did not lose it for the Sens.

Alfredsson did not lose it for the Sens.

It wa a [color:red]TEAM effort by [color:red]Buffalo that lost if for the Sens.

I'm right, like always....

And I am not disagreeing with you at all...

Ottawa got outplayed...plain and simple. 3 shorthanded goals in the playoffs...that IS a team catastrophe....the turnovers...A team catastrophe.

that article didn't pick on the team...it picked on 3 or 4 players....that's not a TEAM...

Muckler said they have to work on Arnason...he's 27, we'll have to see if he has what it takes to get his physical shape together...A rookie just needs work too, Bochenski 22, could be a 30 goal scorer one day. The fact that they gave up a 22 year old "maybe good" rookie, and a 2nd round pick, for a 27 year old out of shape "maybe" centre, doesn't float well with me...What was Alfie? drafted 177 or something like that.

Well, in the end, the scout that told Muckler to make that trade may have screwed up. Time will tell but I thought it was a decent-good move at the time. They needed a second line center and thought they found one for cheap. If Arnason doesnt work hard this off-season into training camp, he wont last long.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of team Ottawa has next year. They have 15 players unsigned. I don't think they will be as good as they are bound to lose one or two key guys. That being said they will still be a contender and who knows maybe a 4th to 6th place finish is what they need to wake them up and make a playoff run.

Sad thing is the Habs are a lock next year ;)

GO HABS GO!!!!

Just for the record.

Alfie was drafted 133 over all

Bochenski was drafted 223 over all

We have no idea what the future holds but I dont think Bochenski will be all that great. He'll be a 3rd line player. Thats just my opinion.

Prove me wrong Boch, Prove me wrong !!! hehe

About Arnason, I have heard of him being involved in a lot of off-ice troubles during his time in Chicago. In fact he was involved in an incident that led to Theo Fleury ending his relationship with the team, he was a young player at that point but not the greatest role model for of-ice decorum...

One of the best thing I love about sports is the passion people bring and the debate and arguements it creates.

It's too bad we couldn't solve world conflicts with sport.

Here's my idea. You select the national sport from each country and a third neutral sport.

For example...

USA - Baseball

Iraq - Football (Soccer)

We let them play it out. If it ends in a tie they have a wild game of...

Elephant Polo

Man, Ive been so busy I didnt even get a chance to properly rub in the Senators crappy showing. And Ive been waiting for it all freakin year!!!! Ahh well, dont worry guys, after another 30 or so seasons like this you'll become numb to it like us down here in Leaf territory. Just remember, there's always next year, yes,always next year.

Edited by Guest

Dinghy, you really need to let the Bochenski deal go! Yes, Tyler Arnason was a colossal failure, but that was a depth move and that's all. As Booche said, whoever scouted him for Muckler should pay the price, because they clearly did not know what kind of player (read - poor conditioning) they were getting. I'm surprised to hear that Sens would have any plans to re-sign him.

As I've said many times before Brandon Bochenski will score lots of goals if he's on one of your top 2 lines. But he doesn't play a "complete game" to be useful on the 3rd or 4th line. And that's why Vermette, Eaves and Kelly were all above him on the depth chart and he was expendable. Do you really think Bochenski had any shot of playing on the top 2 lines in Ottawa anytime in the future?

Case in point - he played on the 3rd line in Chicago after the deal. 2G, 2A, -9 in 20 games.

Goalie deal - yes Roloson was available at the trade deadline. But does anyone think that Roloson vs Emery would have saved the Sens?? They made far to many fundamental mistakes and hung their goalie out to dry. No deadline deal could have saved them from Buffalo exploiting their mistakes.

I still think the Sens are only a piece or two away from being a legit contender. They were the 5th youngest team in the league this year. Yes, they may take a step back with FA losses, but they still have an incredible core to build around.