Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may not have stated my intentions very well but in the above instance that KK is referring to but Chris Neil was able to exhibit a touch of class not to mention being somewhat smart in not blindly attacking Toilet Hands.

As for the numbers, Neil is more of a fighter than Tucker is. What's the problem here? Everyone knows that. No one is asking who wants Neil and who wants Tucker. I am responding to some points you made that are still less than valid.

Yikes... "Average" team is right. The Sens I remember are long gone. Somehow I think this is all required for the Sens to learn how to win 1 goal games, and get the character you need to win in the playoffs, but it's tough to watch such a mediocre team struggle to get a goal when they are down...

Still 31 shots, and must of been 30 more at the net, but not on it... the skill and confidence are way down, and a big part of that has to do with no Chara eating 30 minutes and the rest of the D probably playing by comittee for the first time in years against the other teams top lines. It may come around... but it's clear that right now without either Redden or Corvo in the lineup, the Sens are certainly average!

GO SENS

(Go Packers!!!)

That was a game where the score-sheet doesn't tell the whole story. Anton Volchenkov actually played a great game in a shut down role against Ovechkin. The commentators kept repeating that all 4 Washington goals were "deflection goals", but Gerber's poor positioning was to blame for 2 of them. Gerber doesn't seem to have any confidence right now. He's having serious trouble controlling rebounds.

After their goalie change, the Capitals carried the play and the Sens were on their heels for much of the game. Not-so-timely penalties (deserved or not) are killing this team right now.

Really?

I wonder if fans will start staying away from the games. I can't believe that they would start playing in front of a less than sold out crowd, but who knows.

They definitely need something to happen there to get the confidence back. Confidence for not only the players, but the fans as well.

Is Harper showing up at many games? You'd think he'd be there as much as possible with his supposed love of the game. Just curious.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

It has gotten very very quiet in here. Pivotal game for the Sens tonight against Pittsburgh. More and more folks are getting vocal about a shake-up, or something that could initiate a turn around. TSN has an article online right now with a lot of viewer response at the end of it:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=183534&hubname=

So what are they going to do, and when????

Everything is fine with the team. The stats are starting to get "back to normal"... they're clearly snake bitten right now, and have had a really tough streak of bad luck, but they will come out of it, and be able to look back and say, "It was kind of silly how 'serious' we were taking things." The real mistake would be breaking up the team... they're going to be a powerhouse again... and with the slow start, the only option is to go into the playoffs on a upswing! (I know it's not the ONLY option... but you know)

You heard it here first.