Jambands.ca

M*A*S*H !!!

bouche

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have Season I of MASH on DVD. I love almost every season. Frank Burns is one of my favourite characters, but like WKRP, all the characters are good and necessary.

When Larry Linville quit the show after season 4 ( because he felt Burns couldn't evolve ), the producers got the best replacement ( althought I didn't think so when I was a kid in the 70's ). Major Winchester was a freaking hilarious character. When I was a kid, I didn't get his snobby barbs and blue-blood upbringing. I started to " get " his jokes and history when I was in my early to mid teens.

Best episodes are the ones with Colonel Flag.

B.J. Honeycutt was rarely funny, but Winchester more than made up for that.

Edited by Guest

Guess I've stumped the band with my obsessively geeky MASH trivia questions, so here are the answers :

Australian actor John Orchard had a recurring role in the first few seasons as anaesthesiologist Dr. "Ugly John" Black. He later returned in a later season with a one off performance as an MP named Muldoon.

David Ogden Stiers AKA Maj. Winchester got fairly high billing in the Woody Allen movies Mighty Aphrodite and Everyone Says I Love You, even though his characters only appear briefly. He had a more substantial role in Allen's Curse Of The Jade Scorpion where he plays the villain. He also gets a lot of work doing voices for disney, including Cogsworth in Beauty And The Beast and the governor in Pocohontas.

The late Johnny "Supply Sgt. Zelmo Zale" Haymer had a short but memorable cameo in Annie Hall as a tragically bad standup comedian.

Here's one some folks might know ... what cast members of Barney Miller and Happy Days both had multiple appearances in early episodes of MASH? The Happy Days one is not Ron Howard, he only appeared once.

RnB

Edited by Guest

Here's one some folks might know ... what cast members of Barney Miller and Happy Days both had multiple appearances in early episodes of MASH? The Happy Days one is not Ron Howard, he only appeared once.

RnB

Well, Pat Morita was on several MASH episodes, but was never on Barney Miller. He also guested on multiple Sanford & Son episodes.

Here's one some folks might know ... what cast members of Barney Miller and Happy Days both had multiple appearances in early episodes of MASH? The Happy Days one is not Ron Howard' date=' he only appeared once.

RnB[/quote']

Well, Pat Morita was on several MASH episodes, but was never on Barney Miller. He also guested on multiple Sanford & Son episodes.

Sorry, wasn't clear the way I phrased it. I meant one cast member from each of those shows. Pat Morita is, of course, the Happy Days cast member who was on several early episodes of MASH. One of the cast of Barney Miller was also in a couple of early MASH episodes, playing a different character each time.