Jambands.ca

Our car has been stolen

MamaBurnsy

On a sour note

Last night somebody stole me and dieseldoug's car from his workplace.

My mom had to drive up to Brantford at 2am to watch the baby and give me the car to pick Doug up from Guelph.

Our car seat, baby Bjorn carrier, CDs, baby bag, documents all were lost.

I was almost finished paying the damn thing off too, and now I have to start all over again.

I've lost $20,000 and counting...

I can't believe how much people can suck sometimes, hopefully it will be returned

No unfortunately,

they will only give us what the car is worth by the book, the $20,000 is what I have paid but will never see again.

The car is now worth $10,000-$11,000, so even if I get that amount back, I still have to pay off the rest of the loan and have nothing to show for it other than a downpayment for another car

We have quickly learned that

INSURANCE SUCKS

I went through the same thing.....

unless you have Home Insurance the only thing car insurance covers is the Cd's that were in the cd player, and cell phones only if they were Plugged into the car.

It REALLY REALLY Sucks when this happens.

I do feel your pain....at the time my jimmy was stolen I was moving and had my life packed into it. They burned it to the ground!

Keep your head high....you have to keep telling yourself it's just material items in your life and thank god your family is safe!

so sorry!

Never fear I'll return it tomorrow. There's just one small problem, actually several. Where should I start. The left front fender is mangled, drivers door won't close, passenger door is missing, passenger seat is gone and been replaced by a large burn mark and I mean big. Back seats been torn to shit and there's just a smidgen of blood in the trunk. And oh yah, somebody shat in and around the baby seat. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Hey Lex & Doug

I'm so sorry to hear this! What a terrible thing to happen to such wonderful people. Weren't we just talking about cars the other night? Damn.. i'm just so sorry.

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you... and keep your head up! Call me if you need to vent :)

love Mir

PS - Thanks again for such a fantastic evening Saturday! We really enjoyed ourselves and WHOA! The dinner was top notch (drool) I can't wait to do that again!

truly sorry to hear that guys

seems like some of us get tested more than others, I sometimes rationalize that by thinking they're strong enough to take such setbacks... don't forget there's still lots of good out there

thieves suck

Edited by Guest

I heard about this yesterday, that sucks Lex. But try not to think about it in terms of losing $20,000. If you think about it this way, if you had the car paid off today and you wanted to sell it, you'd only get $10,000 for it. And if insurance is going to cover you for $10,000 then really you're not too bad off. You have to factor in the use you've already gotten out of the vehicle plus what insurance is going to give you. Either way, you should still have enough to get a replacement. The shitty part is the few payments you have left and the increased rates. Let us know if you need any help shopping for a replacement.

sorry about your car. that sucks. :(

i realized insurance can be friggin weird this week. my car was broken into (for the third time)in a year this week. its a 95 taurus so obviously they think i have pot of gold in the trunk. anyhow i claimed it on insurance (broken window, stolen stereo) and recieved this note...

"Under the federal Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act an insurance company:

-is permitted to conduct surveillance of you without your consent or knowledge.

-does not have to disclose thaty you are or have been under survellance."

-etc. :crazy:

with all due respect to your industry secondtube, this is WAY to bleeping big brother for me. i mean do i have the right to put the company under surveillance to see if they are ripping me off?(picture me hiding in a filing cabinet). friggin ridiculous.

on a more positive note, my brother got his car stolen a couple years back and they paid him a fair value....so think positive.