Jambands.ca

email viruses

DevO

Has anyone else been getting computer viruses in their email recently? Particularly, those with jambands.ca email accounts? In the past week I've had to quarantine 3 or 4 files. These are the viruses I got:

W32.Klez.gen@mm

W32.Sobig.C@mm

I got rid of 'em.. But it was a bitch to do!

Hey KevO, if it makes you feel better I get about 3-4 of these every day! For the most part they don't do much other than duplicate themselves.

If you've got Norton or another program that Quarantines files, just make sure it's scaning regularly, and obviously never open any attachments if you don't know for sure what they are. I totally dump out my Quarantine dir every couple of days using Norton.

Peace,

Mr. M.

The thing is, I never do open the attachments, so I'm wondering if my email program (Outlook Express) opens attachments automatically...?

When I am receiving new emails, the emails get automatically checked by Norton AntiVirus (NAV), and NAV finds the virus right away so I quarantine it.

Then if I go and download the bug fix software from the NAV (or Symantec) site and try to fix the bug, the bug is never found. I'm thinking thats cause I quarantine it.

So, should I just quarantine it and then delete it? Or take it out of quarantine so that the bug fix software can kill it?

Hey KevO, I havn't seen any on my email account.

Yeah, Id turf MS Fook. That program causes the spreading of more viruses than anything else. I would HIGHLY recommend Pegasus Mail. One the oldest and BEST FREE clients out there. Very simple to use and if you're an advanced user, the options are endless. The guys that make it absolutely rock and put out a great product! I would tell anyone I know to dump MS Outlook and get this instead.

go here

ive been getting weirdass emails as well, my addy is phishstix and the weird emails have my name in them but with different letters, say pghphishstix@email.

its weeeeeird, i never open em just delete em, weird re: lines too, makes it sound tempting

Archived