Jambands.ca

Beam Messages directly into Mr. King's classroom

scottieking

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could entertain that possibility BradM. It's not the case.

After telling me how incapable I was (which opinion seemed to have been based on noting my long hair and Guatemalan pants) she started referring to her own daughter, who also was allegedly incapable of going to university. She then told me I should just "accept it".

(I have to wonder whatever became of her daughter, and how much potential she failed to achieve due to her mother's discouragement.)

Honestly, I've seen a real changing of the guard recently in the guidance area. The one that was there when I started was a real battle axe.

However, we have two young councelors in there right now and they literally chase kids around, put them in co-op placements, force them to fill out as many scholarship forms as possible etc. As well, both still teach during the day. Tons more work for them, but they stay connected. I've honestly thought about getting my qualifications. From what I've heard, right about the fifteen year point you need to switch things up a bit in my profession or go cuckoo.

That's too bad about your experience. Here's the question, who was it that convinced you that you were good enough to go?

Edited by Guest

"Math is haaard."

Betcha if I'd worn short skirts, I'd have heard that one from the guidance drones. As it was, I think they saw no marrying potential for me in the secretarial pool and figured that I'd better work on getting a higher-paying job to support myself.

Not that I have anything against secretaries--my sisters are both clerical workers--but low wages can be a real incentive to marrying up the corporate food chain.

Tell them that the Radio and TV are homogeneous bastians for people who don't respect the fact that their minds need more stimulus than the same song over and over again.

The mediums are good in moderation, but are predominantly controlled by folk who don't care about the listener/viewer beyond what their propensity to buy is.

Ask them if they'd hang out with someone at school if everytime they saw the person they said the same thing (possibly interesting) and then followed it up with a request to buy something related to that interesting topic they just repeated.

Oh and then tell them Nickelback are fakes and Paris Hilton is the worst role model a girl could have.

Then tell 'em about my band (kinda joking given this post.)

:P

Edited by Guest

dear students of mr. king,

there appears to be a short supply of mother nature's glorious green stink in the area of richmond and dundas, in london ontario. in order for the universe to maintain its healthy balance, we would like to ask that you please forward your baggies to mr. king, (we know they're in your backpacks, back pockets, and oversized cargo pockets, we were there once too, ya know), so that he may forward them to the UCB-DHB (Universe Control Board, Dept. of Healthy Balance). your help will ensure that the universe does not fall onto its side, due to unhealthy balance. that should make you feel good about yourself, and your role in this universe, if for some reason you do not, already. your compliance with this issue is not only necessary, it is also greatly appreciated.

thank you.

mr. guigsy.