Jambands.ca

Beam Messages directly into Mr. King's classroom

scottieking

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Abbey. She's awesome. Man, that dog/bee link is fucked up, bradM! "Beedogs, please!"

Just wanted to throw my vote in with KM. Maybe it's because I'm extra skinny, but I love belts. I can't understand why the younger generation hasn't yet discovered them. PULL YOUR PANTS UP DICKFACE!

DB - I will accept white vinyl. Even with a small buckle.

Velvet - yeah, too high pants are as bad as too low pants. I'm guilty of it myself ... I swear that somebody swapped out my suit pants with ones that are way too long for me. I refuse to take off my suit jacket at work for that very reason -- I'd feel like an old man with pants that go up to (nearly) my bellybutton. Hey, Ms. Hux, is it in the company budget to buy me a new pair of slacks?

Edited by Guest
just to note - that is the first time I've ever used the word 'slacks'

Hehehe. My secretary was telling me about some article she read the other day (yes, apparently she can read) that kids with the sagging pants are developing all kinds of hip/joint/leg problems because of the stupid way they have to walk to keep their pants up.

I'm glad you're with me d_rawk. Super skinny boys are cool! ;)

tmouse: yes shop and home ec (or trades and family studies as it is now known) still exists. Unfortunately, no one takes them and at this school anyway, they are taught by those who cannot teach

Lazlo: You know, I tell them that all the time. The problem is the ones who are smart enough to make that work are too endoctrinated to escape. I certainly wouldn't recommend it for everyone.

Northern Wish: Honestly, I don't think that stigma exists. As you know, as an Ontarian, it's just hard to realize that the rest of Canada exists.

Children:

Never listen to guidance counsellors. These are people that were incapable of getting a decent job or pursuing a real career, so they took whatever they could get and ended up in a position giving advice to others, when they haven't a clue themselves.

StoneMtn was told by a guidance counsellor in high school to, "Drop all your advanced-level courses and take all general-level. There's no way you'll be capable of going to university anyway."

I told her she was an idiot.

I am now a practicing lawyer.

I bought an *artifical stimulant* from a guidance counsellor a few years after I'd graduated from highschool

that was a fun NYE

although later on, when he saw me sitting in a chair in the middle of the hall, staring straight up at light patterns on the ceiling the counsellor said to booche, "maybe i shouldn't have given that to him"

True enough, Scottie. I have only very limited experience with guidance counsellors.

I can only say definitively that there is (or has been) at least one who is as I described.

My real point is that students should never let negative comments from a guidance counsellor dictate how they will pursue their future. If I had listened to my counsellor, I would never have had the opportunity to go to university, as her advice was that I stop pursuing the necessary credentials that would allow me to do that, and I couldn't even imagine where I'd be working now. Had I been a less head-strong 16 year-old, I might have listened to her.

You are correct, though, that I must be careful not to generalize. That is absolutely true.