www.djrollincash.com

visuals by Siren Sativa

plus special guest dancers, decorations and surprises

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28th

EL Mocambo Downstairs

www.elmocambo.ca

464 Spadina

10 PM - 4AM

After kicking the most talked about set of this year's Evolve Festival, BC's Wassabi Collective are performing at two ambitious Halloween Bashes, one in Toronto and another in Halifax. Wassabi Collective is a unique group of musicians featuring Melissa Meretsky on congas, djembe, and vocals; Brent 'Gisto' Hongisto on guitar and vocals; Jimmy Lewis on drum kit and vocals; and Scott Milne on bass and Rahj Levinson, on the keys. The music consists of a wide range of original songs from tribal dance beats, psychedelic jams, and folk harmonies to jazzy soul. Their goal is to spread a vibe of positive energy and provides shows to satisfy your soul, time and time again.

Releasing " Mesmerizing the Ultra" a double discthat features loads of collaborations (Buckethead, Sound Tribe Sector Nine, Freq Nasty, Sayr, Suga, Sunru, Jahi, Kyrian of the Fungineers, Nickoftime, and KRS-ONE), Lorin BASSNECTAR works overtime to bring future-organic psycho bassalistic music to the freaks! With a seemingly endless gigging schedule and an itinerary that includes regular trips throughout America and Canada, as well as New Zealand, Australia, London, Japan, Germany, and Mexico, he has fanatical beatfreak legions growing in pockets throughout the globe. From sell-out shows and festivals in Hawaii, Canada and California, to multi-thousand-person crowds of screaming dancers, to overcrowded clubs and warehouses, to tight and tiny bars and venues, his following is growing due to a unique charisma and a cutting-edge futuristic spin on dance music. Under the moniker Bassnectar, Lorin received an overwhelmingly positive response for the remix work he did with Spearhead for their album, "Stay Human," released on Six Degrees Records.

for info on how to get involved contact: jay.cleary@gmail.com

Edited by Guest

fire.gif

This is going to be a huge show... It's primarily a double billing of two top Canadian Festival draws. BC's WASSABI COLLECTIVE and San Fran's DJ LORIN BASSNECTAR have headlined The OM, SHAMBALA and EVOLVE FESTIVALS.

Los_pics_095.jpg

BASSNECTAR is known in the US 'jamband' community for his collaborated with Michael Franti/SPEARHEAD, Michael Kang (of SCI), Sound Tribe Sector Nine, Buckethead etc..

listen to some of his work here:

Skin On The Drum - Spearhead - Bassnectar--REMIX - "

more downloads: http://www.bassnectar.net/audio/index.html

let's get freaky!

TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE !

$17 ADVANCE ( --- more at the door --- )

Demand for tickets is high.. please get yours early to avoid dissapointment!

Rotate This

620 Queen Street West,

Toronto, ON M6J 1E4

(416)504-8447

($1 Service Charge)

Shanti Baba Trading Co Ltd

546 Queen Street West,

Toronto, ON M5V 2B5

(416) 504-5034

($2 Service Charge)

Play De Record Inc

416-586-0380

357A Yonge Street,

Toronto, ON M5B 1S1

$1 service charge

Sonic Temple

ph. (416) 222-2004

5165 Younge St

NORTH YORK, ON

$1 service charge

PIMPS are allowed... only if they are dressed up to the max!

ALSO.. you can also get your HALLOWEEN tickets off me.. if you see me around at the GYPSY on Fridays, Saturday EL MOCAMBO @ Vanderpark or late at the HORSESHOE on FRIDAY for JSB.. I'll be the guy getting his freak on.

MarkJay.jpg Here I am (on the right) with Come Together Festival's Mark Wilson

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the new BASSNECTAR CD..

cat-64787.gif

BASSNECTAR: Mesmerizing The Ultra - Double CD

Here it is! Finally...35 tracks, over 80 minutes of unreleased music, plus a stack of re-mastered numbers and some tricks and licks as well. Songs span the stylistic spectrum from glitchy midtempo breaks to dreamy downtempo trip hop to cut-up hyp hop to throbbing breakbeats.

...collaborations with SOUND TRIBE SECTOR 9, MICHAEL KANG (of String Cheese Incident), BUCKETHEAD remixes with KRS-ONE, NOAM CHOMSKY, FREQ NASTY, and more...

I'm sold!

Wassabi Collective on the radio...

Listen to 89.5 FM CIUT - University of Toronto Radio on Wednesday between 12:00Noon - 3:00 PM

for DJ Medicine Man's world-electro show

-" NO MANS LAND ".

Next week Medicine Man will be giving away a pair of tickets... so check it out folkies!!

If any of you Skanks are coming out and need tickets feel free to contact me and I can hook you up! Please also keep this thread fresh!

Jay Cleary

416-877-4075

jay.cleary (at) gmail.com