Jambands.ca

ROLLCALL~TONIGHT!~ WASSABI COLLECTIVE / BASSNECTAR ~ HALLOWEEN MASQUERADE ~

Jay Funk Dawg

This is going to be a hairy week, the WC is arriving mid-week, to do first some rehersals and family visiting, we have Bassnectar flying in on Thursday, dancers and decorations on Friday afternoon.. gonna be an amaizing time! Melissa will also be setting up an art show @ the Gypsy Co-op. Doing some last minute promo push. Please spread the love folks! :) :)

logo.gif

Listen to No Man's Land on CIUT 89.5 FM University of Toronto Campus Radio on Wednesday for your chance to win two tickets for Friday's shake down.

NO MAN'S LAND

Wednesdays 12-2 AM

World Groove, Electronic

with host: Richard Martin, "The Medicine Man"

medicineman@ciut.fm

Description:

From soothing ancient rhythms and textures through rippling primitive and progressive beats, medicine man¹s sets trace the evolution

of world groove. The journey is our music. The music is our medicine.

Whoops. I just posted all my excitement in the wrong forum. Anyway, my yee-friggin-haws just don't seem to have the same vibe the second time I type them so just be aware that I AM PSYCHED FOR THIS SHOW!!!

Hallow-freekin-Ween is my fav day of the year and this year it's going to last all week!!! :)

I'm going to get tix for this show tonight - if anyone needs one, let me know.

Magnum you dirty dog! I thought it was your manly chest hair that was the secret to your lady prowess!!

....tentative schedule folks...

10:00 PM Crazy Perucssion / Fire Spinning jam

10:30 PM Special Suprise Opening Act

11:00 PM DJ Rollin' Cash

11:30 PM Wassabi Collective

1:15 PM Lorin Bassnectar

2:45 PM DJ Rollin' Cash

This review was in EYE Magazine today...

EYE MAGAZINE - ON DISC REVIEWS

cat-64787.gif

BASSNECTAR * * *

Mesmerizing the Ultra - Organic

Dropping genre signifiers like "organic techno" or "dreamy trance" might be enough to trigger giddy ecstasy-fueled flashbacks of mid-'90s glow stick twirling, neon fat pants and designer pacifiers, but modern electronica innovator Bassnectar manages to combine such styles (along with elements of jungle, breaks and hip-hop) into one alluring and satisfying jumble. Equal parts retro throwback and forward-thinking amalgamation, Bassnectar (a.k.a. Lorin Ashton) produces a hybrid sound that gracefully moves within itself, seamlessly shifting from Prodigy-style rave-ups to dancehall stomping to gabba candy-core builds, often within the same track (in this case, the Bassnectar vs. Freq Nasty remix of "Everybody"). The two jam-packed discs in this set (pushing 80 minutes apiece) provide oodles of beautiful rhythm for your nostalgic trip, or weekend tripping. KH

Bassnectar plays the El Mocambo (464 Spadina Av) Oct 28.